"Casares, Andalucia" Top 5 Page for this destination Casares by Ekaterinburg
Casares Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 118 photos
Casares is one of Andalucia's 'White Towns', about 20 km inland from the Costa del Sol town of Estepona.
So far, possibly because it is difficult enough to access without your own transport, it has remained off the main tourist trail. There are no tour buses here, no brash bars or trashy souvenir supermarkets.
No need for me to suggest reasons why you should visit Casares - the photo says it all
Coming up from the coast this is the kind of terrain you will get to once past Manilva. We travelled up from Sabinillas, via Manilva and about 5 minutes outside the town, we were in the foothills of the mountains. After so much recent rain, the hills were a lustrous green, speckled yellow with gorse and wildflowers.
When you finally reach the bend in the road that reveals the village clinging to the mountains across the valley, there is only one thing to do. This is vista-vista time with a vengeance, so hop out, drink in this perfect view and if you're a VTer, take multiple photographs.
- Pros:Aesthetically rewarding and pleasurable experience
- Cons:It cost me EUR 50 in taxi fares to get there
- In a nutshell:It was well worth the taxi fare !
Getting to Casares can be difficult if you don't have your own transport. In the Rough Guide to Andalucia I had read... more travel advice
I was a bit puzzled by the signs for the 'cementario' because I thought the Spanish for cemetrery was 'Cemetario'. Well,... more travel advice
Ekaterinburg's Related Pages
Casares Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Casares, Andalucia"
- "ANDALUCIA WHITE VILLAGE"
- "Casares, lovely white village over the mountains"
- "Casares - A white Andalucian village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Casares
- Hotels in Casares
- Transportation in Casares
- Restaurants in Casares
- Warnings and Dangers in Casares
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Casares
- 13 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Casares?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Casares
Photos in CasaresSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 56 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rovinj Intro, 28 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kinsale Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Trieste Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Estacar de la Duquesa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos