"Casares, Andalucia" Top 5 Page for this destination Casares by Ekaterinburg

Casares Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 118 photos

Casares

Casares is one of Andalucia's 'White Towns', about 20 km inland from the Costa del Sol town of Estepona.

So far, possibly because it is difficult enough to access without your own transport, it has remained off the main tourist trail. There are no tour buses here, no brash bars or trashy souvenir supermarkets.

No need for me to suggest reasons why you should visit Casares - the photo says it all

On the way to Casares.

Coming up from the coast this is the kind of terrain you will get to once past Manilva. We travelled up from Sabinillas, via Manilva and about 5 minutes outside the town, we were in the foothills of the mountains. After so much recent rain, the hills were a lustrous green, speckled yellow with gorse and wildflowers.

When you reach Casares

When you finally reach the bend in the road that reveals the village clinging to the mountains across the valley, there is only one thing to do. This is vista-vista time with a vengeance, so hop out, drink in this perfect view and if you're a VTer, take multiple photographs.

• Pros:Aesthetically rewarding and pleasurable experience
  • Cons:It cost me EUR 50 in taxi fares to get there
  • In a nutshell:It was well worth the taxi fare !
  • Last visit to Casares: Apr 2007
  • Intro Updated Apr 26, 2007

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2009 at 6:17 AM

This looks like a beautiful little place. I love the white houses.Your transport tip is very good.And I have a bizarre interest in cemetries- so would love to see this one!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 4:27 AM

A wonderful page! That cemetery is amazing......

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2008 at 5:24 PM

I'm so glad I stumbled across this small page of yours, full of excellent information!! It sounds and looks like just the sort of place my wife and I love to explore. We are hoping to be in the area in a few months time!

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2008 at 11:38 AM

This looks a very interesting town to visit. But, I expect it is reached by winding roads , which would not entice me.

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2007 at 5:36 AM

Gee, another scenic place to add to my "one day" list! After reading your page, I can imagine strolling the town then relaxing with a beer in one of the little cafes. Delightful.

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Good evening Katherine! I've never been to Casares but it looks very charming! Lovely little churches but especially I liked the cemetery - reminded me on some I've seen in South America. Well, the best places are always difficult of access :)

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2007 at 12:59 AM

I'vent been to Casares but it looks very attractive on your page. Thanks Katherine for refreshing sweet memories about Spain!

• irishgalmtl's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 5:57 AM

Hello there Katherine, What a great pg. This place looks so beautiful. Your pics leave a great impression. Thank you for all your Info...Donna :)

• thedouglas's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 3:11 PM

What a gorgeous place. I love visiting cemeteries, but never seen one quite as attractive.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Oh what a marvellous cute little village :-)) Reminded me how much I love the white villages of Andalucia and that I need to go back very soon. This one I didn't know - but next time - haha, I'll be the next one lying in that grass :-)) Thanks :-)

Ekaterinburg

“Outside of a cat, a book is (wo)man's best friend.Inside of a cat, it's too dark to read. ( Apologies to G. Marx)”

Badges & Stats in Casares

Have you been to Casares?

Latest Activity in Casares