"Sabinillas and Duquesa - two sides of the coin" Estacar de la Duquesa by Ekaterinburg
Estacar de la Duquesa Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 46 photos
Puerto de la Duquesa is a fairly upmarket resort on the Costa del Sol situated about half way between Estepona and Sotogrande. Built around a yacht marina and fishing harbour, it really is an idyllic little spot where the same people come year after year and congratulate themselves on their good fortune in finding it. It's a perfect place to relax in as there is little in the way of noisy night life and all the bars and restaurants are clustered round the harbour. All the buildings in the port/marina area are of a similar design and what it lacks in old buildings, it certainly makes up for with elegant architecture and planning.
Duquesa itself is tiny. Just the port area and about two blocks back on either side ,of elegant, magnificently landscaped apartment buildings. The highway is behind, the sea in front and no matter how many developments sprout on the hills on the other side of the highway, the resort itself cannot be blemished or overdeveloped in anyway. But the really nice thing for the residents, is that as well as all this manicured perfection, they are flanked on either side by very Spanish settlements. On the Gibraltar side is the miniscule village of El Castillo and on the Estepona side, the town of Sabinillas. Sabinillas is a no- frills, average Spanish town and apart from the restaurants on the Paseo, there is little evidence of tourism. From Duquesa to Sabinillas is a 10 minute stroll along the Paseo Maritim and up there you can enjoy a really different way of life. So really, there is the best of both worlds here.
This photo is of a typical house front in Sabinillas.
Great name , EL Castillo but in truth it is probably a little unrepresentative of the village itself. There IS a castle but the village surrounding it is so tiny that if you blinked you'd miss it. Because it's so small it has got swallowed up a little between Duquesa and the developments on it's other side, but be that as it may, it remains pretty and atmospheric. On the 'off the beaten track 'section of this page there will be more photos and details about Sabinillas and Castillo.
Getting to Duquesa from Malaga airport is tricky if you're not hiring a car. A taxi, all the way is a stress-free option... more travel advice
A lot of the shops in Duquesa are obviously geared to people who have lots of disposable income. If money is no object... more travel advice
- See All Secondhand books
- See All El Castillo
- Unlimited free newspapers and magazines
Ekaterinburg's Related Pages
Estacar de la Duquesa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sabinillas and Duquesa - two sides of the coin"
- "Puerto de la Duquesa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Estacar de la Duquesa
- Hotels in Estacar de la Duquesa
- Transportation in Estacar de la Duquesa
- Nightlife in Estacar de la Duquesa
- Restaurants in Estacar de la Duquesa
- Shopping in Estacar de la Duquesa
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Estacar de la Duquesa
- 19 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Estacar de la Duquesa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Estacar de la Duquesa
Photos in Estacar de la DuquesaSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 56 reviews, 85 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rovinj Intro, 28 reviews, 93 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cork Intro, 45 reviews, 70 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 23 reviews, 75 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 21 reviews, 73 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oslo Intro, 22 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kinsale Intro, 28 reviews, 42 photos
- Trieste Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Estacar de la Duquesa Intro, 19 reviews, 44 photos