"Turkey - the place where East meets West!" Turkey by clareabee
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,766 reviews and 71,255 photos
Turkey is indeed a land of contrasts - and is an interesting place. The countryside is beautiful and the sunsets are spectacular!! This is indeed a place where East meets West. The people hold onto many of their traditions which is a good thing, but you can also see where the western influence takes hold which sometimes it is quite sad seeing a McDonalds amongst the tiny little streets but suppose that is what happens.
Yes you may as a woman get pestered sometimes by men...but my mum always tells me the time you need to start worrying is when they stop doing it - suppose she has a point!
The people are very friendly and work very, very hard to earn a living. They have strong family values which I like and a genuine interest in people which in some places is lost.
my partner was initally not to keen on visiting Turkey - he thought it would be dirty and not very nice (for some reason!) but he soon changed his mind the first time we visited!
I think the service is second to none only to the USA - nothing is too much trouble and the people will make your visit special
- Pros:friendly place
- Cons:can get a little hot at times!
- In a nutshell:a land where east meets west!
we stayed in this hotel in 2008. It has a wonderful grand entrance and was very luxurious. All the rooms were recently... more travel advice
clareabee's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 51 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Brugge Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Brussels Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Manchester Intro, 10 reviews
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 9 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Chester Intro, 9 reviews
- Warrington Intro, 8 reviews