"Ieper - a must see town" Ieper by clareabee
Ieper Travel Guide: 539 reviews and 1,598 photos
Ieper is a beautiful town, but has so many sad associations, with it being most famous for battles during the first world war. Many people from all different nations come to the town to pay their respects to those who gave their lives in the ultimate sacrifice, and to see the beautiful town.
Ieper is a beautiful town it is own right. Many of the buildings were destroyed during the war and had to be rebuilt - a feat in itself. The Menin gate is indeed an architectural marvel but also holds a more serious message - the name of all the soldiers lost at war with no known grave, and everybody at least once in their lifetime should visit - lest we forget.
clareabee's Related Pages
Ieper Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ieper (Ypres) touches all senses in extremes"
- "IEPER-YPRES EMOTIONS."
- "The Great War is never far away . . ."
- "A Living Memorial...and MORE!!"
- "Ieper - West of Flanders"
- "Ieper (Ypres)"
- "IEPER (YPRES)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ieper
- Hotels in Ieper
- Transportation in Ieper
- Nightlife in Ieper
- Restaurants in Ieper
- Shopping in Ieper
- Warnings and Dangers in Ieper
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ieper
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Ieper?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ieper
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 51 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Brugge Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Brussels Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Manchester Intro, 10 reviews
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 9 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Chester Intro, 9 reviews
- Warrington Intro, 8 reviews