"A Northern Girl through and through" clareabee's Profile

The early years

I was born in Warrington in the North West of England. Warrington is located equidistance from the 2 major cities of Manchester and Liverpool.
My parents moved to the town from Liverpool before I was born, and despite 3 years away when I went off to university this is the place I always called home.

I am the oldest of 3 girls and have always been the bossy one....Its not my fault I was born first!

From a very young age I was always of the ilk what you see is what you get and I am as plain talking as they come - if you want an honest i answer I am the one people come to!

The university years

I went away from home for the first time in 1994 to University (Edge Hill in Ormskirk if anybody knows it.) I had never been away from home for any period of time and was worried as I was very close to my family.

I need not have worried I had a ball! - I made some great friends and really came out of my shell. I had always been rather quiet when I was at school and intimidated by many of my peers but realised whilst at Edge Hill that people really did like me - although I have always been a people person - they facinate me!

I read Human Geography so this afforded me many opportunities to travel to new places - including a number in the UK.

I loved my time studying and this was a very important time in my life. (shame that I still can't map read too well - everybody assumes that because I studied Geography I can!)

OK back to the real world!

So I graduated from university and time to get a job......I always vowed I would NEVER move back to Warrington but hey that was where my family and friends were so thats where I moved!

To the present day!

I have travelled to numerous places throughout Europe including Germany, the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Italy and other places throughout the world. I love to travel and explore new places....the only thing that stops me is time and money!

I have now reached the ripe old age of 36 and ok Warrington wouldn't be my dream destination but it is where my friends and family live, and the place I can call home :-)

I got married October 2011 to my amazing husband......people keep asking me what is it like being married? Well it is really no different before, it just means that I get to travel and see amazing places with my best friend and husband - its always much more fun seeing new things/places with somebody else.

Some of my favourite things

Ok so I have been thinking what are my favourite things, what makes me tick and what am I passionate about?

I love fashion, cosmetics and my hair! You will never see me without my make up on unless I am ill - I am always groomed (unless of course I am halfway up a mountain which does sometimes happen!)

I love my husband, family and friends and these are the centre of my universe.

My favourite drink is Champagne, prosecco or a cosmo - but will drink beer in belgium or germany! I also love a freshly brewed coffee or a good cup of good old English Tea! as well as a good old sunday roast. I love cheese and onion crisps and mini scotch eggs and vimto (a very northern drink!)

I love travel but never seem to have enough time or money to do everything I want!

New York, Berlin and Florence are my favourite cities to date - but there is always something wonderful wherever you visit! - my mum always told me you shouldn't have favourites - bit like children :-)

I love handbags (TK Maxx/TJ Maxx is a favourite hunting ground) and shoes - although go for comfort these days!

I love the many varied accents in the UK - for such a small place we have so many different ones - it is a wonderful place with such diverse cultures, buildings, cities etc.

2012

We have already packed in a 5 night break to NYC with our friends in February which was fantastic! - Berlin planned for our first wedding anniversary and hubby's birthday (it is the same day how is that for planning!) and hopefully a summer holiday somewhere hot with a pool we can chill out!

2011 was a year for alot of changes and things happening so hoping 2012 offers a bit more stability and time for travel!

2013 - so far Rome planned for early February - nothing else planned but we normally take a trip somewhere in October - the cost of travel seems to have really increased this year. Maybe looking at a visit to Budapest but who knows!!

The bucket list of places to see!

here is a list of places I have not yet seen but would love to.......may take me a while to get through them all!

Paris
Peru
Venezuela
Austrailia
New Zealand

There are so many places and so little time!

• Intro Updated Jan 9, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
clareabee's Profile Photo

clareabee

“have money will travel!”

Real Name