"LAL-LO" Lal-lo by pres_16
Lal-lo Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 34 photos
The area of Lallo was the first important Spanish settlement in the Cagayan Valley; it was visited as early as 1572 by Juan de Salcedo.
The cathedral, now a parish church, is difficult to date. Fray Rodrigo de Cardenas, bishop from 1653 to 1661, ordered a structure built, the extant parts of which may be the bell tower and the nave.
The church, bell tower and convento ruins are almost wholly of a brick. The facade is clearly old, but the other parts are difficult to date.
Bells in the campanario dated 1694, 1790 and 1793 are further witnesses to Lallo's antiquity.
pres_16's Related Pages
Lal-lo Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lal-lo
- 0 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Lal-lo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lal-lo
Photos in Lal-loSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 32 reviews, 133 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 34 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 22 reviews, 132 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 104 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 11 reviews, 101 photos, 8 travelogues
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 8 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lamma Island Intro, 10 reviews, 76 photos, 6 travelogues
- Masbate Island Intro, 16 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue