"Jerash, The Ancient Roman City" Top 5 Page for this destination Jarash by Vabate
Jarash Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 693 photos
Jerash is one of the best preserved Roman Cities, outisde of Italy.
Conquered by General Pompey in 63 BC, it was one of the ten great Roman cities of the Decapolis League also known as Gerasa. See The Oval Plaza, its paved and colonnaded streets, temples, theatres, plazas, baths, fountains, city walls and gates.
The Entrance ticket to Jerash is 5JD (2.5JD for Jordanians), including admission to its small museum.
Tip: It takes about 2 hours to tour Jerash, make sure you have sunscreen on, a cap to protect your head, sunglasses, 1.5L water with you, and comfortable walking shoes. Start your trip early - be at Abdali Bus Station at 8:00am and you'll have time in the afternoon to tour Amman or Madaba and Mt. Nebo.
Map: www.atlastours.net/ jordan/jerash_map.html
The Cathedral, originally The Temple of Dionysus in the 2nd Century was later converted to a church in the 4th C. At the... more travel advice
Walking along the 1st Century colonnaded street, you'll pass by the Ancient Baths and remains of an ancient Mosque on... more travel advice
Vabate's Related Pages
Jarash Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A wonderful Roman town in Jordan"
- "Don't miss this!"
- "Gerasa, an antic city"
- "Jerash, The Ancient Roman City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jarash
- Hotels in Jarash
- Transportation in Jarash
- Restaurants in Jarash
- Warnings and Dangers in Jarash
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jarash
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Jarash?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jarash
Photos in JarashSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 23 reviews, 112 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aqaba Intro, 28 reviews, 29 photos
- Wadi Rum Intro, 26 reviews, 29 photos
- Amman Intro, 20 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jarash Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Madaba Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Dhahab Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Jerusalem Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Caesarea Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Al Karak Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.