"Miri sight seeing" Miri by dannychaw

Miri Travel Guide: 242 reviews and 620 photos

Enjoy the slow pace and serenity lifestyles

Look at the beautiful borneo retreat http://www.tropicalisland.de/travel_borneo.html and one will notice borneo is rich in flora and fauna with rich cultures background. this city of 270,000 status was bestowed on 20.05.2005. Remember! year 2005, the city mayor had chosen this auspicious date for the declaration of the city status and is easily remembered always. In fact I'm very familiar with the downtown life here. When u fly into the Miri Airport which is 15 km from city. take a taxi ride which cost aroung RM20.00 to city area. U can choose to stay at 5 star hotel along the beaches - marriot (formerly rihgal hotel), which cost u off season RM180>/night. Park Royal hotel cost RM160>/night. If u choose hotel right in the heart of Miri, then u choose Megah hotel which cost you RM138>/night. Hello! if you think Miri is a low budget, spending spree, then you are wrong. Prices of foods at eating outlets are on par with Kuala Lumpur. Be careful if you want to travel from one place to another, you must bargain with the shrewd taxi man. Peoples here are friendly. Please ask the locals here for the direction and how far, how much is the taxi. Given a choice whether I like to stay here forever. My answer.......I'm going to stay here until end of 2006 and I'll pack and go to Kota Kinabalu where plenty of choice there. Miri is a clean, low in crime, low density of industrial zoning. Basically the economy here is Oil and Gas explorations that changes Miri forks living standards. I like to go for scuba diving but not a single suitable site. So I travel to Kota Kinabalu and joined my fellow Master Wong and gangs every two weeks out there in the islands scavanging the floors of the rich corals came alives. I can climb mountain, take a scroll on the high canopy of the virgin forest beside Mount Kinabalu, shopping, eating out till wee hours. that's life in KK. In Miri, I only have one thing. Go on shopping at the most famous Boulevard Shopping Centre buying groceries there. I'll write details of Miri so that when you plan to come to Miri, you'll know much you expect to spend thru..your pocket.. I'll find out the price of hotels, eating outlets, budgeting for u while you stay...

Sight seeing in Nothern tip of Borneo - Sabah

I enjoy the last trip to the Northern Most top of Borneo - Sabah where you'll see sunrise and sunset on the same day. The place we stand if a horn like protruding out towards the north. I only call tell you here you can really find many kinds of sea shells of various shapes and sizes. The local pick it up and sell to tourists at roadside. In fact Anyway it took us 2.5 hours to reached there from Kota Kinabalu. I think I won't go again. I still prefer islands opposite the city. Tell you more...what i experienced there...hey! that orange shirt guy is me together with my friends..

• Last visit to Miri: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2006

Comments

dannychaw Lives Here!

dannychaw

“sight seeing and make lots of friends”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.