"Sukkur" Sukkur by Rehmat
Sukkur Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 6 photos
This is one of the most important towns in upper Sindh. More than 2,000 years ago, the town was at Aror, nine km east of the present site. It was relocated in 962 A.D. when owning to an earthquake; the Indus diverted its course to its present channel. By 13th century, the twin cities of Sukkur and Rohri were busting river ports that reached their zenith in 17th century.
Worth visiting here is the Minaret of Masum Shah. Mir Muhammad Masum built this lighthouse shaped brick minaret, a local soldiers appointed Nawab of Sukkur by the Mughal Emperor, Akbar the Great. The tower is slightly tilted and is 25.5 m in height and 25.5 m in circumference (at its base) with an equivalent number of steps leading up to its top.
Rehmat's Related Pages
Sukkur Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sukkur
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Sukkur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sukkur
Photos in SukkurSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Derawar Fort Intro, 4 reviews, 48 photos, 5 travelogues
- Katas Intro, 1 review, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dera Nawab Sahib Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Muzaffarabad Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thatta Intro, 15 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bahawalpur Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Peshawar Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Abbottabad Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kohistan Tikai Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Nathia Gali Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
No friends yet.