"Spreading city" County Dublin by Red_Hugh
County Dublin Travel Guide: 5,644 reviews and 10,889 photos
County Dublin is dominated by the spreading city of Dublin which sometimes seems to cover the whole county and which has extended its tentacles throughout the rest of the province of Leinster (one of the 4 in Ireland)
Around 40% of the Irish population live in and around the city so County Dublin is facing constant presssures on its land bank and as a result sadly many beautiful places have been engulfed by suburbia. Traditionally North County Dublin was the main market gardening centre in Ireland and the land around Dublin is some of the best in the country for agriculture but . . . modernity beckons!
A wonderful early 18th century palladian mansion on the outskirts of Dublin built by one of the biggest property... more travel advice
A number of interesting sites (8) in Dublin (and lots more in the rest of the country) are run by the Heritage service... more travel advice
Red_Hugh's Related Pages
County Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A family reunion"
- "My favourite City"
- "My home town"
- "Some things you can't discribe..."
- "Dublin - April 2005"
- "County Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Dublin
- Hotels in County Dublin
- Transportation in County Dublin
- Nightlife in County Dublin
- Restaurants in County Dublin
- Shopping in County Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in County Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Dublin
- 19 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to County Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Dublin
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dalkey Intro, 8 reviews, 2 photos
- County Dublin Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Dun Laoghaire Intro, 4 reviews
- County Wicklow Intro, 1 review
- Cashel 1 review