"The Travel Slut visits Yucatan Peninsula & Cancun" Cancún by TheTravelSlut
Cancún Travel Guide: 2,020 reviews and 4,101 photos
First off, I did not stay in Cancun's Hotel Zone but stayed at the Desire Resort south of Cancun but north of Playa del Carmen so this will be a generalized Cancun area page.
The area is growing faster than ever. Some of it is rebuilding from Hurricane Wilma's damage in 2005 but much of it is brand new development. Good if you want all the pleasures of home but bad if you are looking to distance yourself from the general population & civilization.
The area is diverse but not at first glance. There are thousands of years of history here and it now meets what is called the Riviera Maya.
When you tire of ocean sports such as kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, etc, there are plenty of things to do on land from historical or archeological exploring to zip-lining to checking out the nightlife in the towns and cities along the Riviera Maya.
While it would be very easy to come to the Yucatan Peninsula and spent every waking minute doing something new and exciting, it is important to savor the moment you are in, especially when you are relaxing in the waters or on the beach.
Let time slow down for a moment and enjoy doing nothing at all--it is addicting and it seems perfectly appropriate for this area.
- Pros:Great beaches, great sea, and a Caribbean attitude
- Cons:It's getting more expensive & crowded each year
- In a nutshell:Fun in the sun
NOTE: I did not stay here but simply checked the property for friends who bought an interval ownership just prior to... more travel advice
TheTravelSlut's Related Pages
Cancún Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paradise in the Carribean"
- "Spring Break 24/7/365"
- "Cancun Condo"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- "CANCUN ---PARADISE IN MEXICO"
- "Cancun, Mexico"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancún
- Hotels in Cancún
- Transportation in Cancún
- Nightlife in Cancún
- Restaurants in Cancún
- Shopping in Cancún
- Warnings and Dangers in Cancún
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancún
- 3 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Cancún?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancún
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: If you could have 1 VT Swag..."
- Commented on one of TheTravelSlut's Cancún tips
- updated a Cancún Travelogue "The Travel Slut & Desire Resort on Riviera Maya"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Travel Slut & Desire Resort on Riviera Maya"
- Wrote a Review Hacienda del Sol -An Interval... in Cancún Hotels
Photos in CancúnSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 25 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jamaica Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradenton Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 7 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jeju-do Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Keys Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue