"Auburn, Alabama Home of Auburn University Football" Top 5 Page for this destination Auburn by TheTravelSlut
Auburn Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 60 photos
I was invited by friends to attend a highly publicized NCAA football game between the #3 nationally ranked Auburn University Tigers against the #6 ranked Louisiana State University Tigers.
The day was perfect, the game exciting right down to the last play and Auburn won, 7-3! I could not have asked for more along with 87,500 of my "closest friends" :-)
While the game was as good as they come, the tailgating with friends was unreal. It was non stop from early Saturday to early Sunday morning. Every imaginable grill, BBQ item, tent set-up, and drink was available and the tailgating occurred on grassy locations all over campus. The University even provided shuttle buses from several tailgating locations.
Some people arrived on campus Wednesday and did not leave until Sunday. I must have seen 10,000 RV's in the area.
Despite the number of people, it was relatively calm on game day and everyone was polite and considerate even with the masses of people trying to drive or walk anywhere.
Because the game did not start until 2:30 PM, there was adequate time to roam from one tailgating area to another and meet people from all over the region.
I was amazed and grateful at the hospitality of everyone I met. I almost felt like family and was told that next time I visit, my photo would be on the wall of fame inside the tailgating tent that I stayed at.
- Pros:Awesome people and a great time
- Cons:Tough to get tickets
- In a nutshell:A college town that is, has been, and remains good & fun
TheTravelSlut's Related Pages
Auburn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Auburn Page"
- "auburn alabama"
- ""Lovliest Village on the Plain""
- "I'm Just Passin' Through"
- "Auburn, Alabama Home of Auburn University Football"
- "Auburn, Tiger town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auburn
- Hotels in Auburn
- Nightlife in Auburn
- Restaurants in Auburn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auburn
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Auburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auburn
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Happy Christmas & 2015 greetings..."
- updated a Auburn Travel Page "Auburn, Alabama Home of Auburn University Football"
- Wrote a Review Auburn University Football & Jordan Hare stadium in Auburn Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Auburn University Football & Jordan Hare stadium"
Photos in AuburnSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Key West Intro, 25 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradenton Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 7 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jeju-do Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Jamaica Intro, 5 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Keys Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue