"Auburn, Alabama Home of Auburn University Football" Top 5 Page for this destination Auburn by TheTravelSlut

Auburn Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 60 photos

Auburn, home of great people, parties & football

I was invited by friends to attend a highly publicized NCAA football game between the #3 nationally ranked Auburn University Tigers against the #6 ranked Louisiana State University Tigers.

The day was perfect, the game exciting right down to the last play and Auburn won, 7-3! I could not have asked for more along with 87,500 of my "closest friends" :-)

While the game was as good as they come, the tailgating with friends was unreal. It was non stop from early Saturday to early Sunday morning. Every imaginable grill, BBQ item, tent set-up, and drink was available and the tailgating occurred on grassy locations all over campus. The University even provided shuttle buses from several tailgating locations.

Tailgating's a way of life for NCAA football fans

Some people arrived on campus Wednesday and did not leave until Sunday. I must have seen 10,000 RV's in the area.

Despite the number of people, it was relatively calm on game day and everyone was polite and considerate even with the masses of people trying to drive or walk anywhere.

Time to relax, time to mingle, time to eat/drink

Because the game did not start until 2:30 PM, there was adequate time to roam from one tailgating area to another and meet people from all over the region.

I was amazed and grateful at the hospitality of everyone I met. I almost felt like family and was told that next time I visit, my photo would be on the wall of fame inside the tailgating tent that I stayed at.

• Pros:Awesome people and a great time
  • Cons:Tough to get tickets
  • In a nutshell:A college town that is, has been, and remains good & fun
  • Last visit to Auburn: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 3, 2006

TheTravelSlut

“"Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere!" Helen Gurley Brown”

Badges & Stats in Auburn