"Alaska's Inside Passage from Vancouver to Whittier" Alaska by TheTravelSlut
Alaska Travel Guide: 6,805 reviews and 14,462 photos
Many of the Alaskan ports are similar in construction and what they have to offer. Each has at least one unique aspect and it is fun to find that one aspect.
Whether it is blue glacier ice or a snow covered mountain or whether it is a vast tundra or lush coastal region, Alaska has something for everyone's tastes and usually lots of it!
Everyone expects to see bears, moose, bald eagles, and seals but depending on the location and time of the season, you'll see whales, coyotes, caribou, mountain goats, Dall sheep and even unusual marine life like the sunflower starfish as seen in the photo.
- Pros:Breathtaking views, great seafood, wonderful people.
- Cons:Sometimes the ports can be crowded
- In a nutshell:Anytime someone else drives, cleans and cooks it means more time for travelling, exploring and having fun!
The Davidson Glacier near Haines In the accompanying photo, check the size of one of the other canoes near the glacier... more travel advice
Take a floatplane anywhere to see the vastness of Alaska from the air. There is nothing like the vistas of mountains,... more travel advice
TheTravelSlut's Related Pages
Alaska Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Land of the Midnight Sun"
- "Alaska--my home for now (again)"
- "Alaska, up north and far away"
- "Train Ride Through Alaska's Interior"
- "The Last Great Frontier"
- "Alaska, land of beauty"
- "Alaska, America's Crown Jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alaska
- Hotels in Alaska
- Transportation in Alaska
- Nightlife in Alaska
- Restaurants in Alaska
- Shopping in Alaska
- Warnings and Dangers in Alaska
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alaska
- 5 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Alaska?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alaska
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Viator.com"
- Commented on one of TheTravelSlut's Alaska travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "A review of my Regent cruise Vancouver to Alaska"
- updated a Alaska Travelogue "A review of my Regent cruise Vancouver to Alaska"
- Wrote a Review Your 1st port of call in Alaska Favorites
Top 10 Pages
- Key West Intro, 25 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradenton Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 7 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jeju-do Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Jamaica Intro, 5 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Keys Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue