"My last trip here was my best" Sint Maarten by TheTravelSlut
Sint Maarten Travel Guide: 319 reviews and 887 photos
My first was in 1989 and the island was so simple and it truly had the West Indies flair.
In 2007, especially after renovation from recent hurricane damage, the area has grown up, modernized--but in a good way because it still has the tropical flavor.
The best of both worlds here even for a day.
I spent the day enjoying the C/O Orient Beach (Baie Orientale) and Club Orient and the late afternoon shopping for the discounts in Phillipsburg.
Both have changed over the years, with Orient Beach and Club Orient being updated and Phillipsburg shopping values also being updated (unfortunately).
French or Dutch.
The great thing about this type of dilemma is that there is no downside--they are both equally great in my opinion. The beauty is equal, the people as nice on both sides and the border is basically seamless.
- Pros:Beautiful, 2 islands in one, Orient Beach!
- Cons:Traffic, lots of cruiseships in port daily.
- In a nutshell:You will find what you seek in Sint Maarten, just look for it
I did not spend a night here but spent most of my day touring the property, inside the public areas, shopping on site,... more travel advice
TheTravelSlut's Related Pages
Sint Maarten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Friendly Island"
- "Our Visit to the Friendly Island"
- "St. Maarten of the Dutch Antilles Islands"
- ""The Friendly Isle""
- "Gateway to the Caribbean"
- "I Still Have Sand in My Shoes"
- "Sint Marteen - the Happy Island!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sint Maarten
- Hotels in Sint Maarten
- Transportation in Sint Maarten
- Nightlife in Sint Maarten
- Restaurants in Sint Maarten
- Shopping in Sint Maarten
- Warnings and Dangers in Sint Maarten
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sint Maarten
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Sint Maarten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sint Maarten
Photos in Sint MaartenSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Key West Intro, 25 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jamaica Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradenton Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 7 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jeju-do Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Keys Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue