"Runaway Bay, Jamaica - home of Hedonism III resort" Top 5 Page for this destination Runaway Bay by TheTravelSlut
Runaway Bay Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 187 photos
Runaway Bay is about 30 minutes west of Ocho Rios (a frequent port for cruiseships) and about 90 minutes east of Montego Bay (where most air travelers arrive at Sangster Airport- MJB)
Runaway Bay is still a small, quiet parish/village but its quaintness belies its surroundings and what it has to offer....
From ziplining to snorkeling and golf to Dunns Rivers Falls, the area is one of the most popular in Jamaica.
I always seem to stay at my favorite all-inclusive resort in North America--Hedonism III which is tucked away on a small peninsula across the bay from another SuperClubs all-inclusive resort-Breezes. Either resort will more than satisfy your needs for the tropical, Caribbean lifesytyle and Hedonism will definitely titilate other needs and wants. :-)
Whether you enjoy a roasted yam at a local Bar and Grill or a round of golf on a PGA-tested course, you will find something for everyone in the Runaway Bay area.
Email me for details. TheTravelSlut@yahoo.com
and be sure to enjoy some of the local food and libations. There is more to Jamaica and Runaway Bay than Red Stripe beer (like Appleton Rum)---lol.
You will find the staff at both Hedonism and Breezes resorts to be the most helpful and friendly that you can experience in the Caribbean.
No problem mon.....and you won't need cash as both resorts are truly all-inclusive from transport from/to the airport to gratuities, drinks, food and rooms.
- Pros:Peaceful, quiet but still lots to see and do
- Cons:Isolated enough to require transportation
- In a nutshell:I'm returning every Spring Hedonism for years to come...
Hedonism III, after many great years and experiences with 1000's of guests, is closing permanently in mid-August.... more travel advice
NOTE: As of June 2010, Jam Dung is closed and a new sports bar has reopened in its place but I did not eat there on my... more travel advice
TheTravelSlut's Related Pages
Runaway Bay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escaping to Runaway Bay"
- "Runaway Bay, Jamaica - home of Hedonism III resort"
- "Jamaica be "Irie, Mon!!!""
- "Doing Runaway Bay"
- "Runaway Bay, Jamaica"
- "Just a Reference"
- "Irie, Runaway Bay - 2007"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Runaway Bay
- Hotels in Runaway Bay
- Transportation in Runaway Bay
- Nightlife in Runaway Bay
- Restaurants in Runaway Bay
- Shopping in Runaway Bay
- Warnings and Dangers in Runaway Bay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Runaway Bay
- 5 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Runaway Bay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Runaway Bay
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Thank you all from the..."
- updated a Runaway Bay Travel Page "Runaway Bay, Jamaica - home of Hedonism III resort"
- Commented on one of Julie&'s Runaway Bay travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "This will confirm that Hedonism III is closing...."
- Wrote a Review This will confirm that Hedonism... in Runaway Bay Hotels
Photos in Runaway BaySee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 25 reviews, 107 photos, 4 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jamaica Intro, 7 reviews, 55 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradenton Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos
- Bermuda Intro, 7 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jeju-do Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Australia Intro, 51 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Florida Keys Intro, 9 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 7 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Alaska Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue