"Sukabumi: It's bigger than I thought" Sukabumi by apple-melati
Sukabumi Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 118 photos
Sukabumi belongs to West Java province located about 80KM south from Jakarta can be reached by 4 hours drive by car or at least 6 hours by bus from most major bus stations in Jakarta, Bekasi, Bogor and Tangerang. Sukabumi regency is actually bigger than I thought. There are many interesting places to explore in this regency. One of them is Buni Ayu Cave, located at Nyalindung sub-district about 26 kilometer south from the Sukabumi city central. The beauty down there at the cave is no matched to anything just unexplainable.
Ujung Genteng beach is one of the most pristine and exotic beach I've ever seen so far. Here we can watch the sea turtles laying eggs on the beach at midnight. These turtles dig a big hole on the sand to hide their eggs and when they're done they will swim back to the ocean. We can actually touch the turtles but we're not allowed to make noise or make the lights while she's laying the eggs. The Ujung Genteng beach is hidden far away from the central of Sukabumi about 125KM direction Surade. The route to get to the beach is pretty tough, some part of the roads are in poor condition but the tea plantation view is amazing.
There are many beautiful waterfalls in Sukabumi. One of them is Curug Cikaso. Curug in Bahasa Indonesia means waterfall. We're lucky when we visited Cikaso, the water was big and very clear. The torrent was flowing swiftly to the river below. We could play around at the water but gotta watch our the current, make sure we didnt drift away to the river. Curug Cikaso is located at Surade sub-district, it's just on the way to Ujung Genteng beach, that's why we stopped by there before continuing the trip to Ujung Genteng.
- Pros:Lots of exotic places to explore
- Cons:The roads and infrastructure are pretty poor
- In a nutshell:Exotic hideaway not too far from the capital
Driving a car is the most convenient way to get around in Sukabumi because the public transportation here are not... more travel advice
People usually go to the market to sell their stuffs or to buy daily needs. When the market is too far from where they... more travel advice
apple-melati's Related Pages
Sukabumi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ">> lush, greenery and white water rafting "
- "Pelabuhan Ratu (Queen's Harbour)"
- "Sukabumi: It's bigger than I thought"
- "I was born here!"
- "SUKABUMI We$T JAVA"
- "Pelabuhan Ratu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sukabumi
- Hotels in Sukabumi
- Transportation in Sukabumi
- Restaurants in Sukabumi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sukabumi
- 7 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Sukabumi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sukabumi
Top 10 Pages
- Sukabumi Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Banten Province Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Lampung Province Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangka Belitung Islands Province Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Lebak Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Pulau Seribu Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Semarang Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 6 photos