"From Indonesia with Love" apple-melati's Profile
Welcome to my homepage I'm Apple from Indonesia, I live in Bekasi city, about 45minutes drive from Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.
I love traveling so much, that's actually the reason I joined this site. Reading the VT members' travel experiences, it's just amazed me. I wish I could be lucky enough to have plenty of times and cash to explore foreign places across the continents. I've never been too far from home.
From what I know there are more than 13,000 islands in Indonesian archipelago, at least that's what my teacher told me at high school. There are five main islands (Sumatra, Java, Kalimantan, Sulawesi, and Irian Jaya), two major archipelagos (Nusa Tenggara and the Maluku Islands), and sixty smaller archipelagos. So far I've been exploring Java, Bali and Sumatra islands only. This beautiful country has so much attractions that will take a life time to explore: I always love the white sandy beaches, the greeny mountains, the cultures diversity, the tasty foods, warm people and so much more...
The beaches in Belitung island are amazingly beautiful. The sands are so pure and the water are so clear. Even though these beacheas are still less touristic than Bali's beaches, Belitung island is a perfect hideaway to find peace away from the hustel bustle and stress of daily routines.
Our people love to smile. We live in peace and harmony. Unfortunately the recent terrorist issues have made some bad image about Indonesians. But the world must know that terrorists has no place in our country.
Indonesia has numerous mountains and some 400 volcanoes, of which around 100 are active. And Mount Batur is one of the active volcanos located at the center of two concentric calderas north west of Mount Agung, Bali. Mount Batur is also the highest mountain in Bali. The view of the lake side is incredably beautiful especially when the sky is so blue and clear.
We can find paddy fields at almost all provinces in Indonesia especially in Java island. This is because rice is the main food of Indonesians. The most famous rice fields are in Bali called "Terasering".
One of the best day in my life watching the sunrise at Kelayang beach, Belitung island. I was still kinda very sleepy when I got out of my bungalow and walked to the beach. But it's all paid off. I love the red lights illuminating the water and the fishermen boats. Te white sands turn into glowing red. Just magnificent...
Jakarta is the home to more than 13 million people. As the capital of Indonesia, this city has a variety of uniqueness and diversity that are not owned by any other cities in the world. We got it all here.
Personal Pages (2)
Written Aug 30, 2006
Thailand, August 06
Written Aug 31, 2006
Pangandaran, West Java
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 44 Reviews
- 149 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- apple-melati and simon26 are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Indonesia with Love"
updated their Profile Page "From Indonesia with Love"
- created a Sawarna Travel Page "Exoticly Sawarna"
- Commented on mabu's profile page
- Wrote a Review APV goes to Ujung Genteng in Sukabumi Transportation
- Posted in Travel Jakarta Forum "Re: Travel Companion on 26 April..."
Top 10 Pages
- Sukabumi Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos
- Banten Province Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Lampung Province Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Bangka Belitung Islands Province Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Lebak Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Jakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aceh Special Region Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Pulau Seribu Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Semarang Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22149 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos