"Travels with Tess" tesshotta's Profile

Once traveling for fun, now for purpose

I have loved traveling for many years, usually for vacation but now I find myself traveling the world to make a difference in peoples lives. I am one of those crazy chrisitians who feels God has chosen them to go out into the world and help those in need, wherever that may be. I have joined a not for profit medical missions team (www.hishealinghands.com) who travel both domestic and internationally to give free medical clinics. I have already helped in Mississippi, USA and going back in June and went to Romania this May. I will upload pics and journal these trips for those who are interested. It has been a profound change in my life.

Me at home

I live on the Central Coast of California with many animals, including my husband Frank. He and I have traveled quite a bit together, but now I am heading off on my own while he takes care of the critters back home. I am a ceramic artist, a veterinary technician and now a medical missionary. My life has been tumultous and intense, but hardly ever boring. The one thing I have learned is this: treasure each day as a gift from God, knowing it could change in an instance (and not usually for the better). Love all people, that makes each day easier.

Me in Romania

What a incredible trip, I saved at least one life and helped a woman with horrible, infected 2 week old 2nd degree burns on her leg. If we had not been there for these people they would have continued to suffer horribly. Imagine, no doctors, no medicine. They were so grateful for our help, but I ended up being the one most blessed to be able to serve these amazing people.

• Intro Updated Jul 10, 2006

• wawape's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2006 at 8:02 AM

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE WHEN YOU COME BACK TO KENYA,TRY YOUR BEST AND MEET ME.I WILL BE SO HAPPY AND GREATIFUL TO MEET SUCH A WONDERFUL PERSON LIKE YOU.I WORK WITH A DAIRY COMPANY CALLED BROOKSIDE DAIRY LIMITED IN MOMBASA DEPOT.GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 3:10 PM

That sounds like very good work that you're embarking on -- welcome to VT -- look forward to seeing your Romania pages in due course.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!