"THERE'S MORE TO SLEEPY HOLLOW THAN MR. CRANE" Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow by moiraistyx
Sleepy Hollow Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 113 photos
This one day road trip was actually inspired by Patrick's love for the story of Ichabod Crane and The Headless Horseman. He had been asking me for months to take him to Sleepy Hollow and when he asked last Tuesday, I said sure, we'll go.
At the last minute he decided he didn't want to go. When I asked him why, he said he was afraid the ghosts would get him. Well it took a lot of convincing and a strand of Nerds rope, to get him to change his mind.
He is glad we went. We were pleasantly surprised by the Old Dutch Church and the Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. But we are head over heals for Philipsburgh Manor and the local parks.
I think you will all see the same warmth and charm for this little town that we did. I also think that you'll love it just as much as we do.
If you go to Sleepy Hallow bring snacks, stuff to drink, extra clothes (its chilly by the river) and a good guide.
- Pros:Lots of history and a wide variety of activities to chose from
- Cons:Lots of Walking
The Old Dutch Church Cemetery connects to the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery making it a little difficult to know where one ends... more travel advice
I have had a love of lighthouses since I was a young girl. So whenever I have a chance to visit one I grab it. The... more travel advice
moiraistyx's Related Pages
Sleepy Hollow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THERE'S MORE TO SLEEPY HOLLOW THAN MR. CRANE"
- "A Legendary Town"
- "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow"
- "One end of the Tappan Zee"
- "THEY WERE REAL PEOPLE"
- "Village of Sleepy Hollow and its Legend"
- "Cool Town for this Halloween Fan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sleepy Hollow
- Hotels in Sleepy Hollow
- Transportation in Sleepy Hollow
- Restaurants in Sleepy Hollow
- Warnings and Dangers in Sleepy Hollow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sleepy Hollow
- 13 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 35 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Sleepy Hollow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sleepy Hollow
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What is the oldest item from..."
- Commented on one of haunted1030's Sleepy Hollow travel pages
- Wrote a Review Old Croton Aqueduct State Park in Sleepy Hollow Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "SLEEPY HOLLOW CEMETERY"
- created a Sleepy Hollow Travelogue "MORE THINGS TO SEE IN THE SLEEPY HOLLOW CEMETERY"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues