"THERE'S MORE TO SLEEPY HOLLOW THAN MR. CRANE" Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow by moiraistyx

Sleepy Hollow Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 116 photos

This one day road trip was actually inspired by Patrick's love for the story of Ichabod Crane and The Headless Horseman. He had been asking me for months to take him to Sleepy Hollow and when he asked last Tuesday, I said sure, we'll go.

At the last minute he decided he didn't want to go. When I asked him why, he said he was afraid the ghosts would get him. Well it took a lot of convincing and a strand of Nerds rope, to get him to change his mind.

He is glad we went. We were pleasantly surprised by the Old Dutch Church and the Sleepy Hollow Cemetary. But we are head over heals for Philipsburgh Manor and the local parks.

I think you will all see the same warmth and charm for this little town that we did. I also think that you'll love it just as much as we do.

If you go to Sleepy Hallow bring snacks, stuff to drink, extra clothes (its chilly by the river) and a good guide.

One of the many beautiful flowers just starting to bloom in the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.

• Pros:Lots of history and a wide variety of activities to chose from
  • Cons:Lots of Walking
  • Last visit to Sleepy Hollow: Apr 2006
  • Intro Written May 10, 2006

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in Sleepy Hollow

Have you been to Sleepy Hollow?