New Paltz Local Custom Tips by moiraistyx Top 5 Page for this destination
New Paltz Local Customs: 2 reviews and 5 photos
Elvis has returned
Every fall this family that lives off of route 32 in New Paltz, holds a huge barn sale. This barn sale unlike other barn sales in the area is very unique. Sure it offers the usual barn sale garb of people's unwanted items. It also hosts a collection of nearly 40 scarecrows, each one different from the next. When Patrick and I stopped here a couple of years back, we were pleasantly surprised and over joyed with the scare crows. I am not sure which one was our favorite, but I really liked the Elvis and the Red Barron scarecrows. The people who run this barn sale also offer hay rides for a nominal fee, I believe it was $2 a person. I picked up a really cute tea cup and tea pot set for my mom while I was here along with some figurines for the little one. I'll keep an eye out for the signs and let you all know each year when the sale is going on. You should all stop by, you are bound to love what you see.
More Reviews (44)
- See All HIKING AT MOHONK MOUNTAIN HOUSE
- See All THIS RESTAURANT CLOSED IN SEPTEMBER 2008
- See All ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL FALL COLORS
- JAY WALKERS
- See All BEER AND DANCING
moiraistyx's Related Pages
New Paltz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TIE DYE, TREES, BEER, FOOD, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED"
- "No words to describe New Paltz"
- "Historical Town"
- "A Day at Mohonk Mountain"
- "New Paltz -A surprisingly nice place to visit."
- "New Paltz"
- "New Paltz lover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Paltz
- Hotels in New Paltz
- Transportation in New Paltz
- Nightlife in New Paltz
- Restaurants in New Paltz
- Shopping in New Paltz
- Warnings and Dangers in New Paltz
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mosquito Island Hotels
- Negeri Johor Hotels
- Campbells Bay Hotels
- Chelyabinskaya Oblast'
- Marinduque Hotels
Badges & Stats in New Paltz
- 45 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to New Paltz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Paltz
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most Dreaded Job Interview..."
- Commented on one of virtualpatrick's New Paltz travel pages
- Wrote a Review HIKING AT MOHONK MOUNTAIN HOUSE in New Paltz Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Banitou Crag-Hiking and Rock Scrambles"
- created a New Paltz Travelogue "HIKING ALONG THE EAST TRAPPS"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues