New Paltz Nightlife Tips by moiraistyx Top 5 Page for this destination
New Paltz Nightlife: 6 reviews and 0 photos
I've been to McGillicuddy's on a couple of occassions. The first time I went with a group of high school friends. While two of them got so s**t faced that they could barely walk, another one professed his never ending high school obsession with me. We went on a Saturday night and this place was jam packed with college kids trying to hook up with just about anything with two feet. My words of advice regarding going here would be to be prepared for anything and watch your personal space. I was gropped by more than one person as they walked by.
The last time I went here, was on a Saturday afternoon this past Spring with Tony, Patrick and Jake. We stopped in for a quick lunch after Patrick's first t-ball game. Patrick got his usual chicken strips and I got a nacho plate. I can't honestly remember what Tony ate and frankly Jake eats whatever you give him, including lemon peels. The food was alright, nothing fantastic or out of the originary, but good sized portions for the price and the service was great.
Dress Code: Casual
Address: 84 Main Street
Directions: From the NYS Thruway take a left onto 299 which turns into Main St., follow to address.
Phone: (845) 256-9289
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Walking through the Wave's door is like entering into a Caribbean resort.
With its brightly colored walls in a calming aqua hue, along with accents of palm trees and colorful leather couches, the Wave provides an oasis from the harsh elements outdoors. The club combines an enormous dance space with a quaint bar area and a large lounge, offering three different atmospheres to accommodate every club-goer's mood and preference.
Television screens are placed throughout the club, allowing patrons to view movies, television shows and music videos that follow a particular theme for each evening.
In the lounge, rotating art exhibits are featured on a regular basis and large-screen televisions are hooked up to video game systems for those in the competitive mood.
So, on your next night out, catch the Wave and be prepared for an entirely new experience in clubbing.
Fashionably late -- The Wave opens at 10 p.m., Thursday through Saturday; 8 p.m. on Wednesdays.
99 bottles of beer -- It's all bottles at this watering hole, including Corona, Heineken, Molsen, Budweiser, Busch and more.
Blue light specials -- Various drink specials are offered each week.
The ''A'' list -- College crowd on Thursday and Friday nights; older crowd on Saturdays.
Pass the mike -- Thursdays are Caribbean/Latin Night with salsa, merengue and hip-hop; Friday deejays spin hip-hop and Top 40; Saturdays feature house music.
The Wave also happens to be a favorite spot for persons who have an alternative lifestyle, whatever it may be.
Either way, this is a great place to go to drink, dance and be merry.
Show me the money -- $6 for 21 and older; $10 for 18- to 20-year-olds.
THIS CLUB IS NOW CLOSED
Dress Code: Classy Casual
Address: 2 Terwilliger Lane
Directions: From NYS Thruway go left, may left at traffic light near ShopRite, make immediate left onto Terwilliger Lane.
My first trip to P & G's was around Christmas of 2004. I met a group of high school friends here for drinks before we went across the street for more drinks and some dancing. P & G's has a decent selection of beer and wine and it serves the usual Americana menu. Appetizers start off at about $4.00 and dinner around $12.00. The food is nothing to rave about, but frankly after you've had a drink or two who really cares, just about anything tastes good then. P & G's doesn't cater to any particular crowd of patrons. During lunch there tends to be more of the business crowd and on the weekends the younger crowd. The bar is open Monday thru Saturday 8:30 AM to 4:30 AM, Sunday noon to 4:00 AM, lunch is served from 11:00 AM on and dinner available after 4:00. Happy Hour is Friday's 3:00 PM to 9: PM. Take out is available also.
Dress Code: Casual to Business depending on the time of day you are there.
Address: 91 Main Street
Directions: From NYS Thruway take a left onto 299, which turns into Main St. Follow it to the address.
Phone: (845) 255-6161
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Snug Harbor Bar and Grill is affectionately known as Snugs to many of the locals and the college crowd. I like Snugs for the variety of live entertainment. Every weekend a different up and coming or already established band seems to be playing at Snugs. This tends to be a hang out for the younger crowd which makes it easy to get free drinks. Those young college boys just don't know better yet. Anyway, Snugs also has a pool table for your enjoyment. Watch your purses and wallets here ladies and gents, pick pocketing is not uncommon in this place.
Dress Code: This place is extremely casual. It can even be sleezy at times.
Address: 38 Main Street
Directions: From NYS thruway take a left onto 299, which becomes Main St. and follow it to the address.
Phone: (845) 255-9800
Theme: Live Music
More Reviews (41)
- See All HIKING AT MOHONK MOUNTAIN HOUSE
- See All THIS RESTAURANT CLOSED IN SEPTEMBER 2008
- See All ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL FALL COLORS
- ANNUAL BARN SALE/COLLECTION OF...
- JAY WALKERS
moiraistyx's Related Pages
New Paltz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TIE DYE, TREES, BEER, FOOD, WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED"
- "No words to describe New Paltz"
- "Historical Town"
- "A Day at Mohonk Mountain"
- "New Paltz -A surprisingly nice place to visit."
- "New Paltz"
- "New Paltz lover"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Paltz
- Hotels in New Paltz
- Transportation in New Paltz
- Nightlife in New Paltz
- Restaurants in New Paltz
- Shopping in New Paltz
- Warnings and Dangers in New Paltz
- See All...
Explore the World
- Le Mans Hotels
- Canton de Neuchâtel Hotels
- Bad Ischl Hotels
- Havsa Hotels
- Mintaqat al Batinah
- Duszniki Zdroj
Badges & Stats in New Paltz
- 45 Reviews
- 114 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to New Paltz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Paltz
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most Dreaded Job Interview..."
- Commented on one of virtualpatrick's New Paltz travel pages
- Wrote a Review HIKING AT MOHONK MOUNTAIN HOUSE in New Paltz Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Banitou Crag-Hiking and Rock Scrambles"
- created a New Paltz Travelogue "HIKING ALONG THE EAST TRAPPS"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues