"A LITTLE TOWN I'VE OVERLOOKED FOR TOO LONG" Millbrook by moiraistyx

Millbrook Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 37 photos

I have been driving through Millbrook to get to my sister's home for years. It was just today that I finally decided to stop and take a look around. I was pleasantly surprised to find not only a teaching zoo, but I also found a great mansion made from recycled material, a center for ecological studies, a haunted house, and some homes of the rich and famous. This is a very family oriented community where everyone seems to know everyone else. It lies in the north eastern portion of Dutchess County in the midst of mountains, lakes and streams. It truly is a pretty area loaded with fantastic views.

• Pros:Very homey community with friendly folks.
  • Cons:The only way here and around here is to drive.
  • In a nutshell:Beautiful views and lots of education activities for the kids.
  • Last visit to Millbrook: Jul 2006
  • Intro Written Jul 15, 2006

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 6:32 PM

There you go, never know what you'll find if you care to look. Thanks for sharing.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2006 at 1:42 PM

hello Hello Hello

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2006 at 1:13 AM

I have been to Santa's Workshop, North Pole, NY but not yet to yet to Millbrook. Thanks for sharing :) Cheers, SL

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2006 at 9:46 AM

What a great looking "castle." Since joining VT I am also curious about places I've passed a million times. Yesterday I went to a town called Ramla that nobody ever thinks to visit.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2006 at 5:46 AM

live near here and I never knew about the cute little teaching zoo and drive by Wing's Castle all the time never knew about the tour thanks

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2006 at 7:24 PM

The things you find when you stop and look. I'm always doing that.

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in Millbrook

Have you been to Millbrook?

Latest Activity in Millbrook