"A LITTLE CITY WITH A LOT OF CULTURE" Kingston by moiraistyx
Kingston Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 36 photos
Before this great little city was called Kingston it was called Esopus after a local Indian tribe. It was later renamed Wiltwyck which is Dutchfor wild area. Wiltwyck was one of the three largest settlements in New Netherland. When the area was taken over by the British in 1664 it was renamed Kingston. In 1777 Kingston became the first capital of New York.
I visit Kingston often because I have clients who live there. I have been able to see just about every aspect of the city and know first hand there are places and areas to avoid. A good example of a place to avoid in the King's Inn. Check out my tips to find out why. There are definately places that are a must see in Kingston. The Roundout Water Front is one of them.
I hope to add a great deal of information to this page in the near future. Until then I hope you enjoy my work in progress.
If you have the time, I highly reccommend taking one of the two hour site seeing tours offered by Hudson River Cruises.... more travel advice
The other day I was out and about exploring the light houses in the Hudson Valley and I came across this cute and... more travel advice
moiraistyx's Related Pages
Kingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE CITY WITH A LOT OF CULTURE"
- "Kingston, The 1st Capital of New York State."
- "Kingston, Where the Catskills meet the Hudson"
- "Kingston is conveniently located and historical"
- "Areas outside Kingston"
- "Kingston, NY"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston
- 6 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Kingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues