"ALPHABETICALLY SECOND OF THE 5 BOROUGHS" Brooklyn by moiraistyx
Brooklyn Travel Guide: 346 reviews and 697 photos
I know it sounds pityful to say that I have lived in New York most of my life and that I just now made my first trip to Brooklyn. I have already fallen in love with this burough of New York City. It helps that I came in the summer when Coney Island was up and swingging. Patrick came here for his very fist sight of the Atlantic Ocean. He absolutely loved it. Before we went on the beach I rolled up his pant legs because I knew he would head straight for the waves, and of course he did. I was looking for my usual sea shell and when I explained to Patrick why, he decided to start his own seashell collection. Our next trip will be to Prospect Park to visit the zoo, carasole and the historic sites offered throught the area. We are both excited.
Brooklyn's offering are as numerous and diverse as its neighborhoods. You may recognize some of the names from literature such as Brighton Beach from Neil Simons works. Here is a listing of the neighborhoods.
Barren Island, Bath Beach, Bay Ridge, Bedford Stuyvesant, Bensonhurst Boerum Hill, Borough Park, Brighton Beach, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn Navy Yard, Brownsville, Bushwick, Canarsie, Carroll Gardens, City Line, Clinton Hill, Cobble Hill, Coney Island, Crown Heights, Cypress Hills, Downtown Brooklyn, Dyker Heights, East Flatbush, East New York, Eastern District, Farragut, Flatbush, Flatlands, Fort Greene, Fort Hamilton, Fulton Ferry, Georgetown, Gerritsen Beach, Gowanus, Gravesend, Greenpoint, Highland Park, Homecrest, Kensington, Manhattan Beach, Mapleton, Marine Park, Midwood, Mill Basin, New Lots, New Utrecht, Ocean Hill, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, Prospect Park South, Prospect-Lefferts Gardens, Red Hook, Remsen Village, Ridgewood, Rugby, Sea Gate, Sheepshead Bay, Spring Creek, Starrett City, Stuyvesant Heights, Sunset Park, Weeksville, Williamsburg, Windsor Terrace, Wingate
After doing some research, I have discovered that Brooklyn is a favorite spot for film makers and television producers alike. Here is a short list of the many films and shows filmed in Brooklyn during the last hundred years or so.
Panorama from the Tower of the Brooklyn Bridge (1899)
Funeral of Hiram Cronk (1905)
For Pete's Sake (1974)
Welcome Back, Kotter (1975) (television series: 1975-1979)
Moscow on the Hudson (1984)
Heaven Help Us (1985)
Blond Fist (1991)
Do the Right Thing (1989)
She's Gotta Have It (1986)
Sophie's Choice (1986)
La Valée fantome (1987)
Out For Justice (1991)
Straight Out of Brooklyn (1991)
In the Line of Duty: Street War (1992) aka Urban Crossfire (television)
She's The One (1996)
The Search for One-Arm Jimmy (1996)
Tromeo and Juliet (1995)
- Pros:Hundreds if not thousands of things to do.
- Cons:Highest Crime Rate of the 5 Boroughs
- In a nutshell:I love this borough, it's a nice combination of city and ocean.
I am an ocean lover if there ever was one and when we took a stroll on the beach along the Coney Island Boardwalk, I was... more travel advice
Written Sep 3, 2006
NEW YORK AQUARIUM
Written Sep 3, 2006
PATRICK'S FIRST TRIP TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN
moiraistyx's Related Pages
Brooklyn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brooklyn can't be Beat"
- "NYC's unlikely destination"
- "I was born in this town...."
- "A stop along the way"
- "Another NYC Borough"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brooklyn
- Hotels in Brooklyn
- Transportation in Brooklyn
- Nightlife in Brooklyn
- Restaurants in Brooklyn
- Shopping in Brooklyn
- Warnings and Dangers in Brooklyn
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Brooklyn
- 3 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Brooklyn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brooklyn
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Most Dreaded Job Interview..."
- Commented on one of seagoingJLW's Brooklyn travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "PATRICK'S FIRST TRIP TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN"
- created a Brooklyn Travelogue "PATRICK'S FIRST TRIP TO THE ATLANTIC OCEAN"
- Wrote a Review BEACHES in Brooklyn Favorites
Photos in BrooklynSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Brooklyn hotel reviews
- Atlantic Motor Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 12, 2009
- Marriott New York City Brooklyn Bridge
- 703 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Imperial Hotel
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 29, 2011
- Hotel Le Bleu
- 383 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Howard Johnson Hotel Brooklyn
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Midwood Suites
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2012
- Hotel Le Jolie
- 408 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Brooklyn Suites Classon Ave
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 20, 2011
- Park Slope Inn
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Park House Hotel
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Days Inn Brooklyn
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Comfort Inn Brooklyn
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013