"HEY MOM, I MADE IT TO THE CAPITAL" Top 5 Page for this destination Albany by moiraistyx

Albany Travel Guide: 110 reviews and 140 photos

I spent the first 11 years of my life in a suburb of Albany, Schenectady. As a result I was able to visit this wonderful city quite often as a child. I have forgotten a lot of places we used to go to and things we've done, but deep down inside I still feel at home when ever I am here.

SES and I made this our last stop on a four state trip back in July of 2006. We had planned to go to a couple of pubs when we were here, but found all three closed even though I Dines had them as being open. We finally found a cute sports bar to stop at then went back for a good night sleep at our usual hotel when we would venture here.

• Pros:City is filled with historical significance.
  • Cons:Dead on the weekends.
  • Last visit to Albany: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 9, 2007

• Apr 11, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Hi Patrica, Nice page, we have an Albany in Western Australia, a beautiful place to visit and a harbour to rival Sydney Harbour.

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2008 at 9:27 AM

I really love old churches too!

• haunted1030's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2008 at 8:40 AM

You weren't kidding when you said you liked churches. I am looking forward to taking the kids to the museums soon, you'll have more stuff to write about.

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2007 at 6:51 PM

great tips on this page. we will be around this city for a week in summer 2008.

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 9:16 AM

I made it to Albany Yesterday and thought of your posting -- had 17 min with our new gov LOL but did not make it to Mamoun's Falafel 206 Washington Avenue yet. Capital build is beautiful.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Going to save the world on my PC! I must defeat the bad guys in my game. They have a nuke!

• Dec 4, 2006 at 10:53 AM

I liked your tips on Albany, Once I get my teaching job I want to start traveling around.

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2006 at 2:44 PM

Unfortunately I didn't make it to Albany during my visit to Upstate New York. Looks like I missed an interesting city. Thanks for checking out my New York State page.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 7:18 PM

I like tandoori too :) The Empire State Plaza is amazing isn't it. Walking around the pools, surrounded by majestic buildings. Cheers, SL

moiraistyx Visits Here Frequently!

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in Albany