"CAMPING AT ITS BEST" Top 5 Page for this destination Franconia Notch State Park by moiraistyx

Franconia Notch State Park Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 34 photos

A WALK IN THE WOODS

When I was 17 years old, I had the opportunity to spend 2 weeks in New Hampshire with my favorite uncle, Uncle Paul, and his new girlfriend and my Aunt Dody (aka The Nun). At first I didn't want to go, because my beau at the time had just left the week before for Air Force basic training. But my folks being the all knowing people that they are, knew it would be good fo me to go, and they were right. I had a blast. Not only did we see all the usual touristy things, but my aunt and I also took dozens of opportinities to go exploring in the woods. We even found a really eerie old graveyard. It was here that I learned to drive a boat, water ski, tube, and write. By write I mean, it was here that I learned the benefits of writing as an outlet whether it was writing letters or writing in a journal.

DRIVING THE BOAT

One day while we were out on the lake, Providence Lake, I believe it was, my Uncle told me to take the wheel and drive. It was loads of fun. By the end of the day, we were having contests on who could get my aunt and his girlfriend the wettest. I should mention that they got us back later in the week when we were water skiing. What is that saying, no good deed goes unnoticed, well one bad deed goes unnoticed also.

• Pros:Lots and lots of caves and waterfalls to explore.
  • Cons:Too many tourist traps.
  • In a nutshell:I love this place no matter what, it's what made me fall in love with hiking.
  • Last visit to Franconia Notch State Park: Jul 1990
  • Intro Written May 1, 2006

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2008 at 9:05 AM

This sounds like a fun place.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2006 at 10:42 AM

Not as sexy as you!

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Dec 3, 2006 at 5:50 AM

Enjoyed reading your adventures. My first visit to this area was in July, 2003, just after the "Old Man" crumpled. Great photo of him. Tks for visiting my Sausalito page!

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Welcome to VT! I can see you've been busy already! Love the Nat'l Parks too!!

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in Franconia Notch State Park

Have you been to Franconia Notch State Park?

Latest Activity in Franconia Notch State Park