"CAMPING AT ITS BEST" Top 5 Page for this destination Franconia Notch State Park by moiraistyx
Franconia Notch State Park Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 34 photos
When I was 17 years old, I had the opportunity to spend 2 weeks in New Hampshire with my favorite uncle, Uncle Paul, and his new girlfriend and my Aunt Dody (aka The Nun). At first I didn't want to go, because my beau at the time had just left the week before for Air Force basic training. But my folks being the all knowing people that they are, knew it would be good fo me to go, and they were right. I had a blast. Not only did we see all the usual touristy things, but my aunt and I also took dozens of opportinities to go exploring in the woods. We even found a really eerie old graveyard. It was here that I learned to drive a boat, water ski, tube, and write. By write I mean, it was here that I learned the benefits of writing as an outlet whether it was writing letters or writing in a journal.
One day while we were out on the lake, Providence Lake, I believe it was, my Uncle told me to take the wheel and drive. It was loads of fun. By the end of the day, we were having contests on who could get my aunt and his girlfriend the wettest. I should mention that they got us back later in the week when we were water skiing. What is that saying, no good deed goes unnoticed, well one bad deed goes unnoticed also.
- Pros:Lots and lots of caves and waterfalls to explore.
- Cons:Too many tourist traps.
- In a nutshell:I love this place no matter what, it's what made me fall in love with hiking.
The majority of our camping trip was spent at this wonderful mountain lake. My Uncle brought his boat with him, so we... more travel advice
The Old Man of the Mountain, nicknamed the Great Stone Face or Profile, was once located in Franconia Notch State Park.... more travel advice
moiraistyx's Related Pages
Franconia Notch State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CAMPING AT ITS BEST"
- "A Glimpse Of Beauty"
- "Beautiful White Mountain Location"
- "Franconia Notch - White Mountains"
- "Franconia Notch"
- "Franconia Notch State Park"
- "man of the mountains"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Franconia Notch State Park
- Hotels in Franconia Notch State Park
- Restaurants in Franconia Notch State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Franconia Notch State Park
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Franconia Notch State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Franconia Notch State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What is the oldest item from..."
- Commented on one of aukahkay's Franconia Notch State Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE in Franconia Notch State Park Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "LAKE WINNIPESAUKEE"
- created a Franconia Notch State Park Travel Page "CAMPING AT ITS BEST"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues