"I FOUND MY TRUE WICCAN NATURE ON SALEM'S STREETS" Salem by moiraistyx
Salem Travel Guide: 447 reviews and 1,171 photos
Richie and I brought the boys here for their first trip to Salem in July of 2009. The boys had a wonderful time and saw so many wonderful things. I have to admit that I thought it was funny that they didn't know anything about Bewitched and Samantha Stevens.
My first trip to Salem was back in October of 1992. Andy and I came on Halloween night when we were Sophomores in college. We had a great time. Everywhere you went there was people in costume. I went as a belly dancer, if I had known then that I would become a belly dancer later on in life I would have kept the costume. Andy had a gross costume, he was a used tampon. Somewhere I have a picture of it, but I just don't want to post that.
Salem was the last of the New England stops on our 5 state tour back at the beginning of July in 2006. We really came here because my travel partner wanted to see the pirate museum. I agreed only because I wanted to see Laurie Cabot. Unfortunately I did not, but maybe next time. We were able to visit the Pirate Museum, the House of Seven Gables, The Oldest Candy Store in the US and several of the new age shops as well as various stores and eateries. The visitor center here is great. Not only do they provide a walking tour map for tourists, but it is loaded with displays depicting the diverse history of the area.
- Pros:Laurie Cabot and all the history.
- Cons:Very touristy.
- In a nutshell:I love all the things to see and the fact that it's next to the ocean.
This is the oldest burial ground in Salem dating back to 1637. At least one famous people is buried here including the... more travel advice
The first part of the John Ward home was built in 1684. In 1732 a one room extension was added followed by a wing... more travel advice
moiraistyx's Related Pages
Salem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "RhondaRuth's Salem Page"
- "Salem on Halloween!"
- "Salem Tales"
- "BEWITCHING SALEM"
- "Witch Way do You Go"
- "A FUN DAY IN SALEM"
- "I FOUND MY TRUE WICCAN NATURE ON SALEM'S STREETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salem
- Hotels in Salem
- Transportation in Salem
- Nightlife in Salem
- Restaurants in Salem
- Shopping in Salem
- Warnings and Dangers in Salem
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salem
- 35 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Salem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salem
Photos in SalemSee All Photos (82)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (101)
Latest Salem hotel reviews
- Salem Inn
- 329 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 10, 2013
- Salem Waterfront Hotel & Suites
- 946 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 19, 2013
- Clipper Ship Inn
- 221 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Hawthorne Hotel
- 960 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 15, 2013
- Morning Glory Bed & Breakfast
- 939 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- Northey Street House Bed and Breakfast
- 620 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 18, 2013