Boston Transportation Tips by moiraistyx Top 5 Page for this destination

Boston Transportation: 272 reviews and 239 photos

Trolley Tours=Expensive - Boston
Trolley Tours=Expensive Trolley Tours Review

I personally have never taken a trolley tour of any place that I have visited, but I have checked them out from time to time when trying to plan a trip. Before coming to Boston this last time, I checked out several Trolley Tours of Boston only to find that they are way unaffordable for a family of 6. Prices ranged from $25 which was on the cheap side all the way up to $50 per person. If you are able to walk Boston you really should. If you can't walk long distances I suggest that you look into one of the Trolley Tours.

Type: Other

• Written Jan 18, 2010
Gryphon, Sebastian and Thaddeus - Boston

Gryphon, Sebastian and Thaddeus

MAYBE THE BEST WAY NOT TO MISS ANYTHING Walking Review

When I lived in Boston I walked just about everywhere I went, especially during the warm months. This is how I got to know this city that I love so much. Perhaps I love walking this city so much because its the best way to run into some of those little mom and pop shops that give Boston so much of its charm and it's the best way not to miss those little eateries that have made Boston so famous. During our latest trip here, Richie and the boys had a most fabulous time checking out the many, many statues along the freedom trail. This is a must do walking tour.

Type: Other

• Updated Jan 18, 2010
Sebastian, Gryphon and Thaddeus their first subway - Boston

Sebastian, Gryphon and Thaddeus their first subway

Which Letter Did They Say T / subway Review

My first week in Boston I was terrified of riding the T because I never had been on a subway before. Well what a mistake that was. I went home my first weekend to visit my boyfriend and had to navigate the T trains by myself. Well, B, C, D, they all sound similar. I got on the wrong train and ended up at Boston College instread of Boston University. Luckily the T driver was nice and he let me back on and directed me at Kenmore Square to the right train. Once you have the letters down then you master the colors, green line, red line, orange line, purple line, silver line and blue line. Can you remember all that. When in doubt grab a T map, it will definately help. On most lines the T-Fare will run you $1.70 in each direction. If you are visiting Boston and plan on using the T a lot, you can invest in a visitors pass or one of the monthy passes offered depending on your length of stay. The last trains leave at anywhere between midnight and 12:45 AM, so if you are partying late you'll need to find an alternative, such as a cab.

Type: Subway/Metro

Website: http://www.mbta.com

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Feb 26, 2009
FUNG WAH BUS Bus Service Review

Fung Wah Bus is yet another bus company offering $15 one way and $30 round trip fares to and from Boston and New York city. They also charge a 5% service fee on all ticket purchases. You can check the website for the schedule of buses. Service in Boston is offered at the South Station terminal Gate 25 and in New York City at 139 Canal Street. This is also not a time saving method of traveling between New York City and Boston, but it is cheap.

See the website for a complete bus schedule.

Other Contact: (212) 334-0088-New York

Phone: (617) 338-8308-Boston

Website: http://www.fungwahbus.com/ticket/

GO TO BUS/BOSTON DELUX Bus Service Review

This is another bus company that offers the bus trip from Boston to New York and vice versa. It costs $15 one way or $30 round trip. Buses leave from 32nd and Broadway in NYC and arrive at Hunntington Ave. is Boston. One way this bus takes about 4.5 hours.

See the website for complete schedules.

Other Contact: Fax 1-617-354-2109

Phone: 1-617-354-2101

Website: http://www.gotobus.com/bostondeluxe/newyork_boston/index.html

LUCKY STAR Bus Service Review

This is a really cheap way to get to and from Boston and New York City. The one way fare is $15 or $30 round trip. You can catch the bus in Boston at the South Station terminal which is located at 700 Atlantic Ave in Boston, go to the 3rd floor and gate 13 or you can catch in New York City at the corner of Chrystie St and Hester St. All passengers leaving and arriving between 10 AM and 7 PM can also enjoy a buffet. I would like to remind you that this is not a time saving method of going to Boston.

See the website for a coplete schedule of buses.

Phone: 1-888-881-0887

Website: http://www.luckystarbus.com/

DOESN'T SAVE YOU TIME OR MONEY Amtrak Train Review

When I went to college one of of my many options for visiting home was taking the train. I ruled out taking the train, Amtrak, because it was expensive. After researching the Amtrak New York City to Boston routes recently, I realized that its still expensive and also takes just as much time as driving to Boston. The cheapest trains from NYC to Boston will run you about $108 for a regular train and over $200 for the Acela trains and taking the train isn't any quicker than driving, it still takes anywhere from 3.5 to nearly 4 hours. Taking the train isn't a very cost effective mode of transportation from NYC to Boston for an individual or a family.

Type: Train

cars at a stop light - Boston

cars at a stop light

THE FASTEST AND CHEAPEST WAY FROM NEW YORK Driving Review

My experience has taught me that the fastest and quickest way to get to Boston from New York is to drive there. From my home town it takes my just over 3 hours to get there by car and it only costs about $25 in gas and tolls, sometimes less. A train will cost upwards of $100 and a bus will cost $50 or more per person.

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Oct 11, 2006

moiraistyx Used To Live Here!

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in Boston