Boston Restaurant Tips by moiraistyx Top 5 Page for this destination

Boston Restaurants: 699 reviews and 740 photos

I WOULD LIKE A BREAD BOWL PLEASE - Boston
Joe's American Bar and Grill: I WOULD LIKE A BREAD BOWL PLEASE Joe's American Bar & Grill Review

This restaurant quickly became a favorite of mine due to the clam chowder served in a bowl made out of bread. Tim quickly learned that if I was late, he could order that for me and would be safe. Anyway, the menu is rather nice with tradition american food. The drinks are great and the staff is friendly. They now have several locations, but I have listed the one I used to go to. Use the web site to find one closest to where you are staying.

Favorite Dish: The Clam Chowder

Address: 279 Dartmouth Street, Boston, MA

Phone: (617) 536-4200

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Legal Sea Foods: THE BEST CHOWDER EVER Legal Sea Foods Review

Just as the title says, Legal Sea Foods is known nation wide for its absolutely delicious chowder, New England Clam Chowder that is. When I was living in Boston, I was able to eat at this establishment many times. Back then there was only one site, now there are numerous sites. Just about anything you eat here is going to be good, although I have to admit that it's not out of this world. The atmosphere isn't the greatest either. For me it's rather rushed. It is a kid friendly place and they even will give the little ones crayons and a small coloring booklet to help keep them occupied. Your service here really depends on the waiter or waitress you get, it's hit or miss. I have to admit that it's never been terrible, but there is definately some mediocrity there.

Favorite Dish: THE NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER

Address: Various locations. See web site.

Comparison: about average

Rating: 3

Theme: Seafood

Website: http://www.legalseafoods.com/

• Written Oct 30, 2006
Steve, Me, My Mom, My Dad, and My Brother's Arm - Boston

Steve, Me, My Mom, My Dad, and My Brother's Arm

JC Hillarys, Ltd.: WHERE I WENT ON MY FIRST DATE IN BOSTON JC Hillary's - CLOSED Review

My very fist dating experience was at this wonderful restaurant. It has an elegant décor with dim lighting. Diners feel comfortable and relaxed in this spacious restaurant. JC Hillarys tends to attract a more mature and class client bass, there be no bar crawls here folks. Guests tend to be more on the dressy side for dinner and more casual for lunch. One of the reasons I liked this place so much was that you can order anything rom steak to seafood to pasta dishes. This is where I had pesto for the very first time. My folks, brother, friend Steve and myself came here to celebrate my college graduation. We had a great time. This is a great place to entertain dinner guests or host business functions.

Favorite Dish: The Pesto

Address: 793 Boylston Street

Phone: 617-536-6300

Price: US$21-30

• Written Sep 11, 2006
Me in blue, Liz front, Dalena reat, Jen on right - Boston

Me in blue, Liz front, Dalena reat, Jen on right

The Top of the Hub: ROMANCE AND GREAT VIEWS Top of the Hub Review

While I lived in Boston I came here on two occassions, one as part of the Residence Hall Association welcome to BU events and the second with Robert and our friend Sam. There just aren't words to describe how absolutely beautiful this restaurant and lounge are. The Top of the Hub's offers a full service restaurant that can seat up to 145 and a bar lounge that accomodates nearly 200 guests. You can visit the Top of the Hub for lunch, dinner, late dinner, or Sunday brunch.

Hours of operation are as follows:
Lunch (Monday-Saturday): 11:30-2:30
Dinner (Monday-Thursday): 5:30-10:00
Dinner (Friday):5:30-11:00
Dinner (Saturday-Sunday):5:00-11:00
Brunch (Sunday): 11:00-2:30

The lounge is open most days 11:30-1:00 with one extra hour Thrusday-Saturday.

The skywalk is open 10:00-10:00 daily.

This wonderful restaurant is known for its live jazz performances. Don't forget to take your special someone for a twirl around the dance floor while you are here. My favorite aspect of the restaurant is the wonderful night time view of Boston.

Favorite Dish: I wish I could remember what I had, it was over ten years ago that I came here.

Address: 800 Boylston Street, Prudential Building, 52nd Flo

Price: US$41 and up

Website: http://www.selectrestaurants.com/tophub/

• Written Sep 7, 2006
WING IT: THE BEST WINGS IN TOWN AND SALADS TOO Wing-It Review

Robert and I lived about 8 doors away from this little treasure. This tiny take out place has wings in 21 different flavors. They also offer the best chicken caesar salad I've ever had and burgers. I am not a wing eater, but Robert was, so he would get the wings and I would get the chicken caesar salad. He used to get angry cause I always picked off the chicken and the mushrooms. When ordering the salads, ask for the dressing on the side since they use a lot of it and it can be too much for most people. Wing It boasts to have the largest delivery area in Boston. Be fore warned, don't try the suicide wings, Sam tells us they are real killers.

Favorite Dish: I love the chicken caeser

Address: 1153 Commonwealth Ave.

Phone: 617-783-bird (2473)

Price: less than US$10

Website: http://www.wing-it.com/

• Written Aug 31, 2006
BIG BURRITO: BY FAR THE BEST BURRITOS IN BOSTON Big Burrito - CLOSED Review

When the Big Burrito opened up, Robert and I were some of the first customers through the door. This quickly became one of our favorite places to pick up a quick somewhat healthy meal in a hurry. Since I was working full time during the day and going to school at night, I could easily grap one of these burritos and eat it on the T on my way to class. These burritos are absolutely huge. They will make your burrito how you want it, there are no rules as to what you can or can't combine to make your burrito just right for you. They do have their own combinations, but feel free to make up what you want. Back in 1994 these burritos were about $4 a piece.

Favorite Dish: I usually got the rice and bean burrito since at the time I was a strict vegetarian. It was delicious.

Address: 160 Brighton Ave

Phone: (617) 562-0440

Price: less than US$10

Theme: Mexican

• Written Aug 31, 2006
Photo by Kim Mimnaugh - Boston

Photo by Kim Mimnaugh

Cafe Budapest: WHERE ROMANCE AND GREAT FOOD MEET Cafe Budapest Review

Robert took me to this wonderful restaurant for our second date. It was here that I had my first taste of Filet Mignon good medium rare. The meat melted in my mouth the way it should. We ordered a very delicious bottle of wine to go with the meal and finished it off with a dish of fresh raspberries on top of freshly whipped cream. The atmosphere of this wonderful restaurant is romantic from start to finish. We went on a Saturday evening and were treated to a violinist playing for us at our table. The service was impeccable and extremely attentive. I would come here again in a heart beat if I could afford it. Check out the link for the complete menu. For you movie buff out there, this restaurant was the restaurant scene for the movie House Sitter starring Goldie Hawn and Steve Martin filmed in 1992. This is a Hungarian restaurant.

Favorite Dish: The raspberries in whipped cream, they're my favorite fruit.

Address: Copley Hotel, 90 Exeter Street, Boston, MA 02116

Phone: 617- 266-1979

Price: US$41 and up

Rating: 5

Theme: Other

Website: http://www.studyworld.com/culinary/Cafe-Budapest.htm

• Updated Aug 31, 2006
Dali Restaurant and Tapas Bar: I WAS HERE LONG, LONG AGO Dali Restaurant and Tapas Bar Review

I came here back in 1992 just a couple of years after the restaurant opened. A friend of mine was in town from Saudi Arabia and he wanted to take me some place special. The atmosphere of this place is a great combination of being romantic yet family friendly, at least for behaved children. We went late in the evening so there weren't any children there at the time. The food was fantastic and so was the company. Al, my company, was so thrilled with the flan that he asked for the recipe. They didn't give it though. Oh well, you can knock a guy for trying. Make sure you check out the wine list, there's lots of wonderful choices, you're sure to find something you'll like.

Favorite Dish: The sopa de ajo (garlic soup) was fabulous. I also had the patatas bravas (Potatoes w/Piquant Tomato & Alioli) and the flan. I was a vegetarian at the time so no meat was crossing these lips.

Address: 415 Washington Street, Somerville, MA 02143

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Corner of Beacon & Washington Sts.

Phone: 617.661.3254

Price: US$31-40

Theme: Eclectic/International

Website: http://www.dalirestaurant.com

• Written Jun 29, 2006
Hard Rock Cafe: JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER HARD ROCK YOU'VE BEEN TO Hard Rock Cafe Review

I think the title of my tip says it all. Hard Rock Cafe is cool the first few of them you go to, but lets face it, after a while its a little repetative. This is a great place to go to if you have children. The wait staff are very attentive to the little ones. It can be very loud and hard to hear people at your table.

Address: 131 Clarendon St., Boston, MA 02116

Comparison: about average

Directions: Copley Square area

Phone: 617-424-7625

Rating: 3

Website: http://www.hardrock.com

• Written May 4, 2006
Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers): NOTHING LIKE THE TV SHOW Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers) Review

Every tourist for some reason shows up at this famous pub while they are in Boston. I never got wrangled into going here for enjoyment. I worked here as a hostess. The inside looks nothing like the show and frankly its always over crowded and noisy. I have to admit, the gratutities were great, tourists tend to be very generous when you give them directions or offer some friendly advice and shopping or good places to eat.

Address: 84 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: Near Boston Common and Charles Street.

Phone: 617-227-9605

Rating: 2

Theme: Local

Website: http://www.cheersboston.com/

• Written May 4, 2006

moiraistyx Used To Live Here!

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in Boston