"IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE" Top 5 Page for this destination Boston by moiraistyx
Boston Travel Guide: 3,800 reviews and 8,028 photos
In November of 1990, I began visiting the many colleges that accepted me as an early applicant. I wasn't very thrilled with any until I visited Boston University. I fell in love with this wonderful city as soon as I saw the dorms from Storrow Drive. I knew then I would come to Boston to go to school. What I didn't know was that I would be incredibly home sick during my first month here. I managed to hop a bus home during the first week to visit my boyfriend Gary and my family. The next week I hopped another bus home to meet my new nephew, William. After that I settled in and made tons of friends. I spent the next four years exploring this awesome city north to south and east to west. I even managed to explore some of the surronding towns.
One of the places I got to visit when I lived in Boston was the Boston Garden. It has since been demolished in 1997. I once went with my buddy from Best Buddies to see the circus there, we had a great time. I'm not gonna write a tip on it, since it's no longer there.
During January of 2006 I made the first of many treks backto to the Boston area. I wanted to go see the Star Wars exhibit at the museum of science so SES booked a room at the DoubleTree Suites in Waltham, I packed an overnight bag for Patrick and we were off. Although SES and myself got into an arguement on the way up about my friend Matthew, the rest of the weekend was great. Patrick loved everything about the museum, especially the dinosaurs. I have to admit all three of us fell asleep in the planetarium.
Patrick and I ventured back to Boston just this past Saturday. What was so great about our trip was walking around with him along Commonwealth Avenue and showing him the many places I used to visit while I was a college student. He especially loved going to see the FAO Shwartz bear. Patrick at the ripe old age of 5 has now decided that he wants to attend Harvard so he can spend his afternoons playing chess in Harvard Square.
I hope you enjoy he new Boston editions I will be making over the next few days. I am anxiously awaiting the return of my film from Eckerds. I am fortunate to have lived in Boston for my college years and even more fortunate to be able to write genuine tips about my experiences with my son in this wonderful city.
I regularly update my pages and have decided to take the advice from forums and note where updates on my tips can be found. I have added transportation tips, OTBP tips and also things to do tips. I hope you take the time to take a look and give me some feed back.
- Pros:So many things to do, see, investigate.
- Cons:Terrible Boston drivers.
- In a nutshell:I love this city and I come back as often as possible.
The one thing that the boys wanted to see during our trip to Boston was the statue of Benjamin Franklin, so of couse we... more travel advice
If you are walking to Fanuel Hall from the Government Center T-stop you are bound to see the statue of Samuel Adams. The... more travel advice
- See All Trolley Tours=Expensive
- See All Artists Are Everywhere
- See All Local Playgrounds
- See All THE BEST CHOWDER EVER
- See All LUXURY IN BACK BAY
- See All COLLEGE STUDENTS GALORE
- See All WHO CAN RESIST THE BIG BUNNY
- See All BOSTON BEAN POT
- See All WHERE'S MY CUE STICK
- PACK FOR THE SEASON-AND THEN SOME
- MAYBE THE CRAZIEST DRIVERS IN THE WORLD
Been to Boston?Share your travels with the world!
moiraistyx's Related Pages
Boston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BOSTON KALEIDOSCOPE AND ITS CAST OF COLORS…"
- "IF HOME IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS-THEN I LIVE HERE"
- "The Perfect Weekend Away City"
- "Boston in a Nutshell"
- "Boston Features the Old and New"
- "Boston, baby!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boston
- Hotels in Boston
- Transportation in Boston
- Nightlife in Boston
- Restaurants in Boston
- Shopping in Boston
- Warnings and Dangers in Boston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Boston
- 74 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Boston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boston
Photos in BostonSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues