"I LOVE NEW YORK-THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY" Top 5 Page for this destination New York State by moiraistyx

New York State Travel Guide: 23,763 reviews and 54,708 photos

New York state has so much more than New York City, unfortunately most visitors to the state don't venture outside of Manhatten. It's too bad because the areas North of Manhatten are full of history, culture, activity and wonderful people to meet. I hope you enjoy the many pages I will be posting about the areas outside of Manhatten. I live in the area known as the Catskill Region. It is bordered by the Capital Region and the Hudson Valley Region. Here we are lucky to have the Shawangunk Mountains, the Mohonk Mountains, the Catskill Mountains, many mansions, lots of wild life and even more history.

New York State is made up of 11 different regions and approximately 60 counties. The regions are:

1. Chautauqua-Allegheny
8. Catskills
9. Hudson Valley
10. Long Island
11. New York City

Each region is very unique with what it has to offer locals and visitors. I live in the Catskill Region. I love the glorious mountains and the rivers and I often take advantage of the numerous hiking trails in my region. As I am able to visit the different regions I will post a brief synopsis of it in my tips section for New York State.

• Pros:A very diverse state culturally and physically.
  • Cons:Can't think of any besides NYC traffic and pollution.
  • In a nutshell:You can live here forever and still never see it all.
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2006

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2010 at 4:41 AM

Lovely page. Its funny when people think about New York they alway forget all the charming towns it has to explore. I enjoyed the tour!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2008 at 3:29 PM

Thanks for sharing the Autumn leaves from the Northeast--absolutely lovely woods and mountain views...I miss the richly colored hillsides of Fall (sigh...)!

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2008 at 12:54 PM

Haven't spent a lot of time in upstate NY, but we really enjoyed a visit to the Lake Placid area a few years ago. Love NYC of course. The wine trail sounds like a good visit, too.

• haunted1030's Profile Photo
    Apr 27, 2008 at 2:33 PM

OMG I know exactly what you are talking about when you wrote about all the route 9's. BTW, the children's museum is gonna be my firstt tip, thanks for taking us today.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I can't get root beer here! Great tip on children's activities. Not often seen on VT.

• balfor's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2008 at 3:30 AM

Happy Birthday Trish! I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!!

• Feb 1, 2008 at 7:22 AM

I am photographer and i can say that its an ecxellent picture of New York state!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 5:53 PM

Nice hiking and winery tips. I must admit that I am one of those who rarely left Manhattan (I studied at Columbia for four years) so it's an eye-opener to see what the rest of New York State has to offer.

• nixca316's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2007 at 6:58 AM

I've been here before but...hey, I learned a lot through your pages...I'll go offline in a few. TC!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 6:26 AM

very well done page Let get you in the top 5 for your Birthday!! the New York State wineries you listed very helpful

moiraistyx Visits Here Frequently!

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in New York State

Have you been to New York State?

Videos in New York State