"PLACE BESIDE A LONG RIVER" Top 5 Page for this destination Connecticut by moiraistyx
Connecticut Travel Guide: 1,666 reviews and 4,727 photos
I have been going to Connecticut for years, since I was a teenager. It was just this past weekend that I began to explore beyond the Danbury Mall to get to know the state.
Patrick and I decided to surprise my sister and take her out to lunch. The Taconic DDSO is only about 6 miles from the Connecticut border so I decided to take her there. While were driving along routes 4 and 7 we passed several of those brown signs that alert you to an attraction. We made a mental note of where they were and promised ourselves we would stop there after lunch.
Connecticut was issued it's statehood on January 9, 1788 and it was the
5th of the original 13 colonies. Connecticut is also home to many famous people throught out history including Ethan Allan an American Revolutionary soldier, Benedict Arnold an American Revolutionary general,
P. T. Barnum showman, Henry Ward Beecher, John Brown who was an abolitionist, the inventor Samuel Colt, Oliver Ellsworth, Eileen Farrell a famous soprano, Charles Goodyear, Nathan Hale an American Revolutionary officer, Robert N. Hall also an inventor, Katharine Hepburn a forever famous actress, Collis Potter Huntington financier genius, Charles Ives a composer, and Annie Leibovitz a talented photographer. The list goes on and on, but I think you get the point.
We ended up in Connecticut in search of a decent place to have lunch. Well we did not find it here. Patrick ordered... more travel advice
I was so happy that we decided to stop here on our way back from lunch. Not only were we greeted by a picturesque... more travel advice
moiraistyx's Related Pages
Connecticut Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Why not Come and Visit....."
- "Gateway to New England"
- "PLACE BESIDE A LONG RIVER"
- "Wineries, Ski Resorts, Beverly Hills East"
- "Connecticut ~ Known as.. The Nutmeg State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Connecticut
- Hotels in Connecticut
- Transportation in Connecticut
- Nightlife in Connecticut
- Restaurants in Connecticut
- Shopping in Connecticut
- Warnings and Dangers in Connecticut
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Connecticut
- 27 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Connecticut?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Connecticut
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boston Intro, 74 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Paltz Intro, 45 reviews, 114 photos, 6 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 25 reviews, 93 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salem Intro, 35 reviews, 82 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Intro, 27 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 27 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Atlanta Intro, 14 reviews, 65 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bronx Intro, 17 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination New York State Intro, 18 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleepy Hollow Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues