"PLACE BESIDE A LONG RIVER" Top 5 Page for this destination Connecticut by moiraistyx

Connecticut Travel Guide: 1,595 reviews and 4,387 photos

I have been going to Connecticut for years, since I was a teenager. It was just this past weekend that I began to explore beyond the Danbury Mall to get to know the state.

Patrick and I decided to surprise my sister and take her out to lunch. The Taconic DDSO is only about 6 miles from the Connecticut border so I decided to take her there. While were driving along routes 4 and 7 we passed several of those brown signs that alert you to an attraction. We made a mental note of where they were and promised ourselves we would stop there after lunch.

Connecticut was issued it's statehood on January 9, 1788 and it was the
5th of the original 13 colonies. Connecticut is also home to many famous people throught out history including Ethan Allan an American Revolutionary soldier, Benedict Arnold an American Revolutionary general,
P. T. Barnum showman, Henry Ward Beecher, John Brown who was an abolitionist, the inventor Samuel Colt, Oliver Ellsworth, Eileen Farrell a famous soprano, Charles Goodyear, Nathan Hale an American Revolutionary officer, Robert N. Hall also an inventor, Katharine Hepburn a forever famous actress, Collis Potter Huntington financier genius, Charles Ives a composer, and Annie Leibovitz a talented photographer. The list goes on and on, but I think you get the point.

• Last visit to Connecticut: Nov 2006
  • Intro Written Nov 6, 2006

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    May 8, 2009 at 8:01 AM

Great pages on a state I need to spend some time in--thanks for the pics and info. :-) Ann, TS

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2008 at 5:35 PM

I'm afraid I'm with Patrick on the oysters! lol NO WAY!!! (What do you expect from a prairie girl?)

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2007 at 8:01 AM

Connecticut - my favorite state in USA. Bring back memories. Thanks for sharing. You may want to add the name of town in the addresses. Great page. SL :)

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2007 at 6:32 AM

oyster festival sound wonderful my wife would die to go to that great idea - very nice photos BTW. ASIA do you remember Yes, (King Crimson, Emerson Lake and Palmer), and The Buggles that make up ASIA. had no idea they were still around!!!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2007 at 1:36 PM

Asia?

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2006 at 2:32 PM

that`s really beautiful photos from conneticut. show us some more of that please :O)

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Badges & Stats in Connecticut

Have you been to Connecticut?

Latest Activity in Connecticut