"LIFE IS ABOUT NEW BEGINNINGS" moiraistyx's Profile

BLENDED FAMILIES ARE AWESOME

Well a lot has changed in the past couple of years. First of all let me apologize for being so neglectful of my pages, but there is good reason. For the last couple of years I have been working very hard to receive my master degree in Mental Health Counseling. As of March 31, 2012 I am officially a graduate therapist. I can hardly wait to begin my new professional experience.

In Summer of 2010 Richie and I purchased our home. Being a home owner is so much more work than I thought it would be. Just when we think all the repairs and upkeep are done, seems like something else needs to be done. All in all I love being a home owner and am enjoying decorating our home as we would like it.

Last but not least, I had two surgeries last spring, resulting in me not being able to hike or bike for several months. Now that I am healed, I can't wait to get back out into the mountains. Seems like New York is having a great spring so will most likely be out and about by the weekend.

We are very excited about all the changes in our lives and can't wait to share them with all of you. Look for all the new pictures and tips to come not only on my page but also on Pumpkins page (Haunted1030) and Little P's page (Munchkin12525).

Volunteering with Patrick

Patrick and I share a love of animals. Since April of 2011 we have been volunteering 2 days a week at the local SPCA. Patrick loves helping the animals to get ready to go to their forever homes and he loves playing with all the animals. The hardest part of our journey as volunteers has been saying goodbye to the wonderful animals, but at the same time this is a happy time as they are going to a home where their new owners will love them as much as we have.

HERE'S YET ANOTHER FUNNY PATRICK STORY. THE OTHER DAY MY BOSS' KIDS AND THEIR FRIEND WENT WITH PATRICK AND I SHOE SHOPPING. WHILE WE WERE LOOKING AROUND AT SHOES PATRICK ANNOUNCES, BARBARA YOU'RE SEXY. HE KEPT SAYING IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. FINALLY I ASKED HIM, PATRICK DO YOU KNOW WHAT SEXY MEANS, TO MY SURPRISE HE SAID YES, IT MEANS STUPID.

A LOVE STORY IN THE MAKING

Back in February 2008, Rich told me a very touching story about his grandparents and how after Thanksgiving dinner his grandmother began to scratch his grandfathers back. Rich told me how his grandfather closed his eyes and a smile of pure happiness and love, not to mention peace and comfort came over his face. I remember when he told me this story how he talked about that at that moment he regained the clarity he once had and how he knew then that he wanted to find that feeling with another person. Well yesterday morning, neither Rich nor I wanted to drag our asses out of bed, but after snoozing the alarm 3 or 4 times I finally got up and took my shower. When I went upstairs to wake Rich up, I found him lying oh so peacefully snuggled under the covers. Instead of waking him up, I climbed back into bed with him and curled up next to him. As I gave him gentle kisses on the back of his neck I scratched his back. He lay there for a few moments then simply said that feels wonderful. We didn't want to get up, but since we both had to work we forced ourselves. We said our morning good byes and as he walked out the door he said, "you're not cooking tonight, I thought of something special and I'll take care of dinner". We both went to work and when I signed onto my myspace account, I was greeted by the usual, you have new comments pop up. I was brought to tears when I read the following:

"I told you about Thanksgiving this year that when I saw my 87 year old grandmother scratching my 94 year old grandfathers back and him closing his eyes and smiling because it just felt so good. I told you I knew then that it brought my life back into focus and knew thats what I wanted what they have. Someone to share the days with, someone to care for and someone to care for me. Well this morning I had that same feeling, but I this time I was not watching it, I felt it. Just wanted to tell you and tell everyone how great you are."

What can I say, I found a man who loves me as much as I love him and boy does it feel good.

THE NUMBER ONE MAN IN MY LIFE

Yup, You guessed it. Patrick is my number one man in my life, followed closely by Richie in the number 2 spot, but alas it isn't a popularity contest. What can we say about Patrick that isn't obvious from the way he talks and acts. He's a 7 year old know it all who loves school, cub scouts, playing in the dirt, doing science experiments and doing anything and everything that involves Star Wars. He's one of the smartest children I've ever know and one of the most adorable. He can be a sassy little nerd one second then turn around and be all cuddly the next. Lets just say that he knows how to wrap his mother around his little finger.

UPDATES AND NEW PAGES

I have been busy lately adding new pages and updating old ones. Some of my favorites old and new are listed below.

BOSTON

NEW PALTZ

SAN JUAN

MIDDLETOWN

KITTERY

PORTSMOUTH

CRAGSMOOR

Venting at it's finest

I decided that I would post a section of my biggest VT pet peeves. I suspect that I will add to and update this list. Feel free to message me with your own pet peeves.

1. People who write about places and things that they didn't really experience. I absolutely can't stand when people write generic tips on things they didn't actually do. Most recently I was reading up on Pennsylvania and came across a tip about the Penguins hockey arena. You could tell that the person had never been there and merely wrote about it cause it was there.

2. I hate it when people post 10 tips on the same exact thing. That drives me nuts. I really don't think that we need a tip about a hotel lobby, a hotel elevator, a hotel hallway, a hotel view etc. That is just silly.

3. Reading tips about cruise ships restaurants in every city the cruise ship docked. I just don't get that. It's the same restaurant aboard the same ship. Just because it docked in a different city doesn't mean you gotta write about it as if it's in that city and the next city and the next city. Maybe VT should start a cruise ship category, that way tips can be written about the numerous amenities a cruise ship offers without pages having to be spammed. Another reason that drives me nuts is because, who the hell is gonna get to go that that freaking restaurant if they are not on the stupid ship. Umm duh.

4. Pictures that load way to freaking slow. I know they said that they fixed this problem, but it's still there, waiting to pounce when I try to upload more than two photos at a time.

Little Boy All Grown UP

I can't believe it's been over 6 years since I first found VT. You guys have watched my son grow into a bright young man during the last 6 years. A few of you have even met him. He's going into Jr. High School this September and beginning a whole new stage of life. I know that as a mom I am so proud of who Patrick has become and of who he is becoming. I hope you have all enjoyed watching him grow up as I have enjoyed watching him become the awesome young man that he is.

• Intro Updated Jul 29, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
moiraistyx's Profile Photo

moiraistyx

“Engaged to member haunted1030 on 1/1/11”

Real Name