"Island of Five Contrasts" Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados by Gillybob
Barbados Travel Guide: 1,198 reviews and 2,376 photos
The island of Barbados can be split into five areas - four different styles of beaches and the inner part.
In the south-east corner, beaches are pearly white sands with some waves.
Progress round to the west coast and the beaches remain white but the calm seas barely peak with any whiteness and remain mainly turquoise blue.
Head to the wild and windy east coast and beaches become brown and great waves crash in - to the delight of surfers who call Bathsheba the "soup bowl".
Down on the south-west coast, great cliffs and crashing waves surround the familiar white beaches.
Finally, head in from the coast and you'll find rolling hills covered with great palms and sugar cane.
An island of true contrasts.
- Pros:Beautiful island easy to traverse with public transport.
- Cons:Not easily visited on a budget.
- In a nutshell:Accessible - but save up first!
Located on the north coast of Barbados, River Bay is a popular picnic spot, with the area often crowded on weekends and... more travel advice
Located on the north-east of the island, it is believed that the name "Cherry Tree Hill" originated from the large... more travel advice
Gillybob's Related Pages
Barbados Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Thanksgiving 1996 - The First Visit"
- "s3's Barbados"
- "PARADISE ISLAND"
- "Island of Five Contrasts"
- "Barbados - Starting Point For A Fantastic Cruise!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barbados
- Hotels in Barbados
- Transportation in Barbados
- Nightlife in Barbados
- Restaurants in Barbados
- Shopping in Barbados
- Warnings and Dangers in Barbados
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barbados
- 38 Reviews
- 108 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Barbados?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barbados
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 46 reviews, 181 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos