"Krosno" Krosno by Gillybob
Krosno Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 24 photos
Krosno is located approximately 170 kms from Krakow and makes a great day trip from there with journey times of approximately 2.5 to 2.75 hours.
It is a medium-sized town with a population of approximately 50,000 and ranks highly as a town with good living conditions within Poland.
The town is steeped in history.
Krosno was originally a medieval fortified town and also a former Royal Free Town. It was a centre of many materials, including cloth, linen, canvas, baize; it also benefited as a centre for the Hungarian wine trade.
Until recently it was a province capital.
- Pros:Lovely historical town
- Cons:None found during our short stay
The original church was erected in the later half of the 14th century, founded (presumably) by King Kazimierz the Great.... more travel advice
The craft museum at Krosno gives you a great insight into the history of the area. There are lots of displays - not... more travel advice
Gillybob's Related Pages
Krosno Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Krosno
- 5 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Krosno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krosno
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 45 reviews, 181 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos