"Bakewell" Bakewell by Gillybob
Bakewell Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 228 photos
Bakewell is a traditional, small market town located in the Derbyshire Dales.
It is the only town which is actually included in the Peak District National Park, and is most famous for its Bakewell Pudding (often mistakenly referred to as Bakewell Tart - hence the expression "There are no tarts in Bakewell!!" ;-) )
It makes for a great day out at any time of the year.
- Pros:Who can resist a Bakewell Pudding?
- Cons:None found - although, your diet needs leaving behind!!
This stately home is situated just 3½ miles northeast of Bakewell and is the home of the Duke of Devonshire, having been... more travel advice
If Bakewell is your first stop within the Peak District National Park, then a visit to the town's Visitor Centre is a... more travel advice
Gillybob's Related Pages
Bakewell Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bakewell, Home Of The Pudding"
- "Baking in Bakewell"
- "Bakewell, home of the pudding! (NOT the tart!!)"
- "CROWN OF THE PEAK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bakewell
- Hotels in Bakewell
- Transportation in Bakewell
- Nightlife in Bakewell
- Restaurants in Bakewell
- Shopping in Bakewell
- Warnings and Dangers in Bakewell
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bakewell
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Bakewell?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bakewell
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 45 reviews, 181 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos