"A Step Back in Time" Skegness by Gillybob
Skegness Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 76 photos
A visit to Skegness on England's Fun Caost is like taking a step back in time.
My family used to have a static caravan on one of the plethora of caravan parks in and around Skegness (yes, this IS caravan central) and I was taken there regularly as a child. On a recent return visit, I was gobsmacked to find that, almost 30 years later, the place has hardly changed. The Royal Oak was still at the corner of the caravan park and the Linga Longa Chippy was still opposite - with its original sign! Having said this, the caravan park itself has changed immensely and no longer resembles the park of my childhood (given the memories that this place holds, this is probably a good thing).
At Skegness Pier and along the seafront at Skegness, everything was still there that I remember, including the log flume ride which must now be over 40 years old - and still going strong!!
Skegness itself is a great base for a visit to Lincolnshire and the Lincolnshire Wolds. Lincoln itself is just over an hour's drive away and the Cathedral and Castle there are well worth a visit.
- Pros:Step back in time for a wonderful experience
- Cons:This is British seaside at its windiest!!
- In a nutshell:Skegness, bracing back in time!!!
Gillybob's Related Pages
Skegness Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "If God had wanted us to go to Skegness.."
- "A Step Back in Time"
- "A day tour in Skegness"
- "English seaside holiday"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Skegness
- Hotels in Skegness
- Transportation in Skegness
- Nightlife in Skegness
- Restaurants in Skegness
- Shopping in Skegness
- Warnings and Dangers in Skegness
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skegness
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Skegness?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skegness
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos