"Hilly Capital City" Lisbon by Gillybob
Lisbon Travel Guide: 5,286 reviews and 13,144 photos
In May 2009, we had a great day trip to Lisbon from Cascais as part of EuroMeet2009.
Antonio met us at Jeronimos Monastery in Belem and, after a walk around the monastery, we split into groups to visit various sights around the city.
In June 2015 I returned to the city to spend the weekend there as friends were visiting from Baltimore, Maryland (USA). We had fantastic weather with daytime temperatures hitting over 35C and we were reminded that the city is laid out over 7 hills - it doesn't matter where you are headed, you'll be going up and down hill almost guaranteed!
- Cons:7 hills means that this capital city will have you walking up and down all day long!!
Gillybob's Related Pages
Lisbon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Lisbon"
- "My home town"
- "Lisbon, Portugal"
- "Ahh, LISBON....Esta tao bonita como sempre."
- "saudades de Lisboa"
- "Lisboa the Capital of Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lisbon
- Hotels in Lisbon
- Transportation in Lisbon
- Nightlife in Lisbon
- Restaurants in Lisbon
- Shopping in Lisbon
- Warnings and Dangers in Lisbon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lisbon
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Lisbon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lisbon
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos