"Sleepy Penmaenpool" Penmaenpool by Gillybob
Penmaenpool Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 31 photos
The sleep hamlet of Penmaenpool lies on the south side of the estuary of Rover Mawddach.
Here you can walk the Mawddach Trail or simply relax and enjoy the views.
Penmaenpool (pronounced ‘Pen-mine-pool’) originated as the estate village which served the country residence of a Lancashire entrepreneur (Penmaenuchaf Hall).
The village consisted of a terrace of workers cottages, a model farm and a railway station. The railway station now forms part of the Geroge III Hotel.
Penmaenpool Toll Bridge is a Grade II listed, a wooden bridge which is Cadw-registered. Built in 1879, the bridge holds... more travel advice
Gillybob's Related Pages
Penmaenpool Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Penmaenpool
- Transportation in Penmaenpool
- Restaurants in Penmaenpool
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Penmaenpool
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Penmaenpool?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Penmaenpool
Photos in PenmaenpoolSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 47 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos