Darwin Transportation Tips by Gillybob
Darwin Transportation: 41 reviews and 65 photos
Darwin is very well served by public transport in the form of its bus services called Darwinbus. The various routes service most areas that tourists would wish to get to. The fare system is very cheap and generous, a ticket will get you three hours of unlimited travel, so it is possible to undertake some returns journeys (i.e. go to the place, visit and return) within a single ticket.
Full Fare: Au$2.00
An adult fare entitles passengers to unlimited bus travel for (3) three hours on any scheduled public bus service in Darwin and Alice Springs from the time of purchase. A full fare ticket can be purchased on the bus and at Interchanges.
A concession fare is available to Health Care Card holders. A concession fare ticket operates in the same way as a full fare ticket.
Show & Go Daily: $5.00
A Show&Go daily ticket provides unlimited bus travel on any scheduled public bus service in Darwin and Alice Springs. The ticket is valid from the first scheduled bus service to the last scheduled bus service on the day of purchase. A Show&Go daily can be purchased on the bus and at Interchanges.
Show & Go Weekly: $15.00 (25% discount)
A Show&Go weekly ticket provides unlimited bus travel on scheduled public bus services in Darwin and Alice Springs for seven days from the date of purchase. This ticket can be purchased at the Darwin, Casuarina and Palmerston bus interchanges and at the Alice Springs Airport Shuttle Shop, Gregory Terrace in Alice Springs.
More Reviews (5)
Gillybob's Related Pages
Darwin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darwin (where i live and now my home) 1997 -"
- "DARWIN AND DISTRICT"
- "Northwest Darwin"
- "Crocodylus Park"
- "Capital City Of Australia's Northern Territory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Darwin
- Hotels in Darwin
- Transportation in Darwin
- Nightlife in Darwin
- Restaurants in Darwin
- Shopping in Darwin
- Warnings and Dangers in Darwin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Darwin
- 6 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (27)
Have you been to Darwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Darwin
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 45 reviews, 181 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (126)
- Jumping Croc Cruise- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Mindil Beach Markets- 7 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Visit Litchfield National Park- 6 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Aviation Heritage Centre- 4 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Aquascene - Darwin Fish Feeding- 3 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Skydive- 1 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Visitor Information Centre- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos