"Short breaking it in KL" Kuala Lumpur by Gillybob
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide: 5,926 reviews and 13,250 photos
We pre-booked a hotel transfer from the airport so we didn't have to battle against the choices for getting to our hotel. We quickly changed some travellers cheques at the airport and head out to the Reannaissance and checked in. Our room was on the 14th floor with a great view of the Petronas Twin Towers. After settling in and a short rest we head out towards Pasar Minggu (Sunday market) which is actually held on Saturday nights. Unfortuantely, because of Hari Raya Aidil Filtri, many of the stalls were closed so we headed back towards the hotel but managed to get a couple of photos of the Petronas Towers.
We walked past the front of the Rennaissance to the Petronas Twin Towers for some close-up night shots before going into the Suria KLCC shopping centre where we picked up some great pretzels and fruit juice for a light evening meal back at the hotel.
After a good sleep and a really good breakfast we head out to Menara Kuala Lumpur. We walked for 1¼ hours before we eventually arrived there and realised we walked the longest way round (and should have brought water with us). After a quick bottle of water we head up to the observation deck for a free audio tour. A high-speed lift took us up and the views were fantastic even though the weather was a bit cloudy. After the tour, we headed back down to go on to Chinatown (which I didn't find particularly impressive). We then headed to Sri Maha Mariamman temple which has quite an impressive entrance arch but the temple itself isn't much. From there it was on to the Central Market as it had started to rain quite hard so we could at least be inside.
The rain eased slightly and we headed towards the general direction of the hotel but managed to find Sultan Abdul Samad buidling on the way which was still impressive in the rain. Eventually we made it back to the hotel - a little damp from the rain!
A rest and change and we head out to the monorail and up to Bukit Bintang (we didn't have the energy to walk) and find the Lemon Food Court at Laza Low Yat where we have some great Malaysian food for tea and then head back to the monorail to Bukit Nanas and a short walk to the Rennaissance Hotel. Our intentions were to enjoy karaoke at Club de Macao but found it empty so ended up at the Mezzo Bar watching the footie till the small hours!
Its an early start to the day but still time for a quick breakfast before checking out of the Rennaissance Hotel for our flight to Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Pros:A great place to get around with plenty to see.
- Cons:Really can't think of any.
- In a nutshell:Steamy saunters in relieving rain!
A trip up this tower will give you great views over Kuala Lumpur. Situated atop Bukit Nanas, it is on higher ground... more travel advice
There's a small but decent food court in Suria KLCC. Within there is a pretzel counter where you can get pretzels in... more travel advice
Gillybob's Related Pages
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kuala Lumpur"
- "Kuala Lumpur - My Home"
- "KL - where the rivers (and all things else) meet."
- "-=Latest & Happening In Town=-"
- "I grew up here!!!"
- "JALAN BUKIT BINTANG"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
- Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
- Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Nightlife in Kuala Lumpur
- Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
- Shopping in Kuala Lumpur
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuala Lumpur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kuala Lumpur
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Kuala Lumpur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuala Lumpur
- Posted in Travel Venezuela Forum "Re: What is the safest state in..."
- Commented on one of machomikemd's Kuala Lumpur travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Pretzel Mania"
- Wrote a Review Great Views about Menara Telecommunications Tower in Kuala Lumpur Things to Do
- updated a Kuala Lumpur Travel Page "Short breaking it in KL"
Photos in Kuala LumpurSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Bergamo Intro, 45 reviews, 181 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 83 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dolgellau Intro, 20 reviews, 77 photos, 4 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sowerby Bridge Intro, 19 reviews, 61 photos
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos, 2 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 6 reviews, 62 photos, 7 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 14 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barbados Intro, 16 reviews, 47 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 14 reviews, 49 photos
Latest Kuala Lumpur hotel reviews
- Citin Hotel Masjid Jamek
- 232 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 3, 2013
- Rainforest Bed and Breakfast
- 128 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Concorde Inn KLIA Hotel
- 698 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Grand Central Hotel
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2012
- Sky Palms Guest House
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2010
- KL Plaza Suites
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 9, 2013
- Matahari Lodge
- 131 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Wedgewood Residences Mon't Kiara
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 24, 2013
- Cintamani Travellers Lodge
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Summer Guesthouse
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jan 6, 2012
- Green Hut Lodge
- 45 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Grand Pacific Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Alamanda Hotel Petaling Street
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Agora Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- The Maple Suite
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 6, 2013