"Art's Capital" Angono by drunkenmaster4

Angono Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 76 photos

Art's Capital

Talking about capitalizing. Angono declared itself as the Art's capital of the Philippines. The claim was based on the number of its claimed artist per square kilometers in the country. It was further cemented by prominent artists who came from the place- two of which are National Artists- the biggest concentration in a town- Botong Francisco and Lucio San Pedro. Other prominent artists includes- Blanco, Vocalan, Nemiranda, Orville and myself hehe.

Then to further mystify the claim as being destined- the oldest written art form- the Angono Petroglyps is located near the place (I am not sure but I heared its being contested to be part of Binangonan- as Binangonan Petroglyps). It was discovered by- surpirse, surpirse- Botong Franciso so there were controversies that it was made by Botong. But I guess being certified by UNESCO, settles the controversy once and for all.

So because of all of these, Angono was able to capitalize and make itself a national shrine for artist. Its fiesta, the Higantes Festival became a national phenomenon like the Pahiyas of Lucban. The "it" place in November (where else). The best thing that could happen in the future is a solid arts festival similar to the European festivals where artists converge ala woodstock with exhibits, jammin and other artists idiosyncracies.

I live here because my wife came from this town. Although I will never relinquish my Taytay citizenship, I would say, its a better place to live in- not only in Rizal but maybe in the Philippines (because its provincial and yet accessbile to Manila hehe).

• Intro Updated Nov 21, 2011

Travelogues (1)

Comments

drunkenmaster4 Lives Here!

drunkenmaster4

“Drink, Drive and Be Merry for Tomorrow You will Die”

Badges & Stats in Angono