"Cabo" Top 5 Page for this destination San Josť del Cabo by Julieanne1
San Josť del Cabo Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 156 photos
Beware of the difference between the two extremely different Cabo's. Cabo San Jose is a fantastic taste of Mexico. Undiscovered beaches, delicious traditional food, and real margaritas. Cabo San Lucas is an awful representation of American culture at it's worst... techinically located in Mexico. The food is Americanized, the drinks are watered down, and the atmosphere is a flashback from a bad spring break movie. These two very different Cabos are only a 15 minute drive apart. I highly recommend staying clear of Cabo San Lucas.
The drive from Cabo to Todos Santos is full of undiscovered sights. This is a wonderful day trip from Cabo. This small community is full of ex-patriots living and selling art. Galleries full of original art line the streets for an interesting side trip away from the beach atmosphere of Cabo. More interesting are the stops along the way to and from. The Pacific coast of Mexico is full of long stretches of untouched beaches with waves far higher than the inner coast. (However, I hear the waves alternate on season between the Pacific and inner coast.) Also make a stop at the many original Mexican rug stands along the coast. You can find the best deals and variations at these remote shops.
Driving north of Cabo San Jose is the scuba/snorkeling paradise of Cabo Pulmo. Be careful of the time of year because the winds in January make it near impossible to scuba dive or snorkle. However, in the right season this area hosts quite a few scuba/snorkle agencies with boat and kayak trips to the reefs and beyond.
- Pros:San Jose Cabo
- Cons:Cabo San Lucas and everything it contains.
- In a nutshell:Beach getaway I wouldn't do twice.
December and January are not as warm as you may think. Bring a light sweater or something to pull over you at night.... more travel advice
The main beach in Cabo San Lucas is packed full of tourists and restaurants. There are also beach merchants that walk... more travel advice
Julieanne1's Related Pages
San Josť del Cabo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SAN JOSE' del CABO"
- "We enjoyed our stay here - January 2005"
- "A Disappointment"
- "Cozumel wiped out by Emily; new destination!"
- "Southern Tip of Baja - San Jose"
- "Wedding trip to San Jose del Cabo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Josť del Cabo
- Hotels in San Josť del Cabo
- Transportation in San Josť del Cabo
- Nightlife in San Josť del Cabo
- Restaurants in San Josť del Cabo
- Shopping in San Josť del Cabo
- Warnings and Dangers in San Josť del Cabo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Josť del Cabo
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to San Josť del Cabo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Josť del Cabo
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Josť del Cabo Intro, 6 reviews, 2 photos
- South Island Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Houghton Intro, 3 photos
- West Rutland Intro, 3 reviews
- Franconia Notch State Park 2 reviews
No friends yet.