"Tanis , The ancient Egypt capital ." San al Hajar al Qibliyah by Raffies
San al Hajar al Qibliyah Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 12 photos
My visit to San Al-hagar was unforgettable , I never realised that I would find such a huge marvelous collection of statues , in my opinion this is not less than pyramids and luxor ..
That is Tanis ( the ancient name) this was the capital of Egypt for more than 300 years ..
my watch was telling me it is 2 pm , it was the hottest day in the year , the sun was burning my skin and eyes when I was standing upon a small hill , stunned by the view , I was the only one in that desert !! even the security men were protecting theirselves from the sun under some bulidings .It is a very wide area , I was thirsty and sweating ..
The greatest temple is considered one of the important temples in Entire Egypt , I'm quite surprised why this location including its temples is not that popular , it is not in tourists iteneraries ..
too bad , I could not adjust my poor quality camera to work well under the sun in that time , so you may find some of pictures here not so clear , and so bright because of the excessive sunlight..
in these pictures you can see Ramses 2nd two halves , the upper half is lying just beside the standing lower one .. who broke it like this ?? you ? yes , it is you ! :P
- Pros:You should really visit , it is like the pyramids .
- Cons:too hot area , make it in winter .
- In a nutshell:Great city in the countryside !
Okay , I'm going to explain how to make it , but really this kind of trip is not for a solo female traveller , you have... more travel advice
San Al-Hagar is not a place to go alone , You should have a company , specially if you are a woman , it is prefered to... more travel advice
Raffies' Related Pages
San al Hajar al Qibliyah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tanis , The ancient Egypt capital ."
- Create a San al Hajar al Qibliyah Travel Page
- Things to Do in San al Hajar al Qibliyah
- Transportation in San al Hajar al Qibliyah
- Warnings and Dangers in San al Hajar al Qibliyah
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San al Hajar al Qibliyah
- 4 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to San al Hajar al Qibliyah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San al Hajar al Qibliyah
Top 5 Pages
- San al Hajar al Qibliyah Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Cairo 5 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pyramids of Giza Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Egypt 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Alexandria Intro, 3 photos