"And I'll Give You A Home By The Sea" Clonakilty by WhispersWest
Clonakilty Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 45 photos
Clonakilty is a seaside town in the west of County Cork. You owe it to yourself to slow down and stop for a few days. You will find this to be one of the most beautiful spots. There are beautifully restored old stone buildings which house an electric mix of libraries, pubs, craft shops, delicatessens and all kinds of interesting shopping. In may when everything is in bloom, Clonakilty's flower displays are outstanding.
Clonakilty is known as the beach centre of West Cork. It is the perfect location from which to explore further afield. You have the blue flag beaches of Inchydoney Island to Red Strand, Dunworley and numerous hidden coves from which to choose. There is plenty of safe swimming, surfing, onshore fishing or just relaxing and taking a bit of sun.
The range of accommodation in Clonakilty and the surrounding area is extremely wide and there is something to suit everyone's tastes.
- Pros:Quiet, Hospitable, Tidy Town Award (1999), Great scenery
- In a nutshell:Clonakilty, Journey Back in Time!
The Drsicoll Family, Tony, Noreen & Miriam, welcome you as if you were family. The house is perfectly situated for... more travel advice
Angela Drsicoll provides a warm and inviting home. Aisling Heights is the perfect blend of Old-World grace & charm and... more travel advice
WhispersWest's Related Pages
Clonakilty Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "And I'll Give You A Home By The Sea"
- "Clonakilty, County Cork"
- "Ireland's Tidiest Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Clonakilty
- Hotels in Clonakilty
- Nightlife in Clonakilty
- Restaurants in Clonakilty
- Shopping in Clonakilty
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Clonakilty
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Clonakilty?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Clonakilty
Photos in ClonakiltySee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Roscommon Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Doolin Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Clonakilty Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Skibbereen Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ennis Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Galway Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry/Londonderry Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bantry Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Youghal Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos