"Kinsale - Gourmand's Delight" Kinsale by WhispersWest
Kinsale Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 378 photos
The Devine family has a reputation for traveling on our stomaches. Most of our trip retellings are peppered with "Oh, and remember that little restaurant we found in....."
As much as I enjoy food, you would think that I might weigh more than the 132# my last trip to the doctor indicated. I am certain that would have been the case after my three day visit in Kinsale. My only disappointment was in not being able to eat the seafood, as I am highly allergic. My companions fell on the sword and made the sacrifice. They assured me that every morsel of seafood they tasted was sublime. The Kinsale Chefs insist upon the highest quality of locally produced meat, vegetables and dairy produce. Food is taken seriously here - an annual Gourmet Festival is organised each October and a Good Food Circle works to maintain the town's famously high culinary standards.
Kinsale's long tradition as a wine importer to Ireland, (it had it's own vessels in the Vintage fleet), may be one of the reasons it is now the Gourmet capital of the country. Desmond Castle is well worth a visit. Once the customs house, it is now the international museum of wine.
- Pros:Good Food, Excellent Farmer's Markets, Friendly Locals
- Cons:Can be crowded in High season and on Bank Holidays; Narrow streets
- In a nutshell:KInsale, a delight for the senses and the soul!
WhispersWest's Related Pages
Kinsale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Kinsale Magical Virtual Tour"
- ""Irish Beauty Harbor Town Kinsale""
- "Selling Kinsale"
- "Golf on a cliff"
- "Falling in love with Kinsale"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kinsale
- Hotels in Kinsale
- Transportation in Kinsale
- Nightlife in Kinsale
- Restaurants in Kinsale
- Shopping in Kinsale
- Warnings and Dangers in Kinsale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kinsale
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Kinsale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kinsale
Top 10 Pages
- Roscommon Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Doolin Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Cork Intro, 10 reviews, 3 photos
- Clonakilty Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Skibbereen Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ennis Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Galway Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derry/Londonderry Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Bantry Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Youghal Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos