"Bon Bini!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire by Vulindlela
Bonaire Travel Guide: 282 reviews and 640 photos
We are often asked, why Bonaire?
Well, my wife and I met while we both lived in Las Vegas and our first date was at the Flamingo Hilton.
Bonaire is the home of 10,000 flamingos so it was a natural choice!
Where is Bonaire?
It is about 50 miles or so off the coast of Venezuela.
Bonaire is the "B" of the ABC islands that aslo include Aruba and Curacao.
The first European to visit Bonaire was Amerigo Vespucci, who came in 1499.
Bonaire was once inhabited by Arawak Indians, who were later sent to Spain to work in the copper mines.
Bonaire is a desert island.
Bonaire uses the Netherlands Antilles Florin(or Guilder) for it's currency. The US Dollar is accepted throughout the island.
Dutch is the official language. Papiamentu is the native language, and is a mixture of various languages.
Spanish and English are also spoken widely on Bonaire.
Been married for a day now. Have that newlywed glow about us.
A beautiful sunset at the Divi Flamingo.
Did you know?
The Divi Divi is a small tree that yields a pod that can be used for making a bright red dye.
They were almost entirely wiped out by the Spanish Explorers, but there are a few left around the island.
- Pros:Some of the greatest diving in the world!
- Cons:Not much else to do.
- In a nutshell:Bonaire is an underwater paradise!
You didn't think we would come all the way down to Bonaire without seeing what led us to go in the first place, did... more travel advice
We just loved the Dutch architecture. There are some great restaurants, a cinema, a disco, a grocery store, and some... more travel advice
Vulindlela's Related Pages
Bonaire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A bounty of natural beauty"
- "Bonaire Sights - Mostly Above Water"
- "Divers' Paradise: Bonaire"
- "Bon Bini!"
- "Divers' Paradise"
- "Natural Island Paradise"
- "Bonaire-snorkeling and scuba heaven"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bonaire
- Hotels in Bonaire
- Transportation in Bonaire
- Nightlife in Bonaire
- Restaurants in Bonaire
- Shopping in Bonaire
- Warnings and Dangers in Bonaire
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bonaire
- 13 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 39 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bonaire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bonaire
Photos in BonaireSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonaire Intro, 13 reviews, 33 photos
- Kuwait Intro, 3 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Warsaw Intro, 3 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Acapulco Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Wayne Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Beirut Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gatlinburg Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Indianapolis Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Grand Cayman Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (35)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (4)
Latest Bonaire hotel reviews
- Plaza Resort Bonaire
- 270 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Sorobon Beach Resort
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino Bonaire
- 378 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Eden Beach Resort
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Caribbean Club Bonaire
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013
- Sand Dollar Condominium Resort
- 129 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Harbour Village Beach Resort
- 207 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Bonaire
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Captain Don's Habitat Bonaire
- 188 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- The Lizard Inn
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Black Durgon Inn and Scuba Center
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013