"Tampere,city of shy people.." Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere by Turska

Tampere Travel Guide: 608 reviews and 1,132 photos

In fact-I don´t live here..

I live next to Tampere,17km from Tampere center. But I come to work here every moday till friday, and if we go to movies, concerts, bars, restaurants..then we go to Tampere.In our living area ther isn´t so much to tell. Even so, I rather live there-like in countryside, even if it is town,t oo. It is quite short trip to Tampere anyway.
We lived in Tampere for 5 years from 1994 to 1999,and after that we´ve been living in two places "allmost"in Tampere.
I still miss a lot Keski-Suomi (middle of Finland),and never feel as much at home here.
Tampere is nice town,and it has rock-conserts (we love to go concerts), different kind of shops for all possible things, lakes (witch is what I mostly miss from Keski-Suomi-luckily there´s lakes here!) and winter is little bit shorter. Yes-I´m a Finn, and I hate winter!
We have here many of similar things to Helsinki: Shopping,amusement park(Särkänniemi-Helsinki has Linnanmäki), outside museo(Amurin työläismuseokortteli-Helsinki has Seurasaari) and so on.All in smaller area(witch is good,if you ask me)and for me:it´s closer to Keski-Suomi ;)
And as you know-we love travelling-and budget travelling is our thing-so I have to say:We have Ryanair! Helsinki doesn´thave it.

People in Tampere

People in Tampere aren´t easy to get as a friend.We have been living here from 1994,and have non very good friends here.I mean,people who invite you to a visit or so.It doesn´t help any,that I´m little hard to get known,too..I don´t easily start the talk-so it makes it even harder to get friends here.But it is nice to invite friends here of course!
Sad but true:Easiest way to connect a Tampere-citizen is in restaurant,after few beers.Then they aren´t so shy. :D
at the photo is one of my favourite houses here.I like how it looks.It also has old strange kind of pipe-post inside.They used it to deliver post inside the house at"old times".You can see it at KEOPS-shop,if you go in.

River Tammerkoski,from the Tammerkoski-bridge.

This view is "the view"of Tampere for many Finns.Old redbrick industrys and the river.I like it also.And I think it looks the best at dark nights.
There´s even a song about this bridge,kind of lovestory how a man saw his wife to be at the bridge at very first time.

• Intro Updated Oct 5, 2013

Turska Used To Live Here!

Turska

“Wrap your troubles in dreams!”

Badges & Stats in Tampere

Have you been to Tampere?

Latest Activity in Tampere