"Tampere,city of shy people.." Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere by Turska
Tampere Travel Guide: 609 reviews and 1,137 photos
I live next to Tampere,17km from Tampere center. But I come to work here every moday till friday, and if we go to movies, concerts, bars, restaurants..then we go to Tampere.In our living area ther isn´t so much to tell. Even so, I rather live there-like in countryside, even if it is town,t oo. It is quite short trip to Tampere anyway.
We lived in Tampere for 5 years from 1994 to 1999,and after that we´ve been living in two places "allmost"in Tampere.
I still miss a lot Keski-Suomi (middle of Finland),and never feel as much at home here.
Tampere is nice town,and it has rock-conserts (we love to go concerts), different kind of shops for all possible things, lakes (witch is what I mostly miss from Keski-Suomi-luckily there´s lakes here!) and winter is little bit shorter. Yes-I´m a Finn, and I hate winter!
We have here many of similar things to Helsinki: Shopping,amusement park(Särkänniemi-Helsinki has Linnanmäki), outside museo(Amurin työläismuseokortteli-Helsinki has Seurasaari) and so on.All in smaller area(witch is good,if you ask me)and for me:it´s closer to Keski-Suomi ;)
And as you know-we love travelling-and budget travelling is our thing-so I have to say:We have Ryanair! Helsinki doesn´thave it.
People in Tampere aren´t easy to get as a friend.We have been living here from 1994,and have non very good friends here.I mean,people who invite you to a visit or so.It doesn´t help any,that I´m little hard to get known,too..I don´t easily start the talk-so it makes it even harder to get friends here.But it is nice to invite friends here of course!
Sad but true:Easiest way to connect a Tampere-citizen is in restaurant,after few beers.Then they aren´t so shy. :D
at the photo is one of my favourite houses here.I like how it looks.It also has old strange kind of pipe-post inside.They used it to deliver post inside the house at"old times".You can see it at KEOPS-shop,if you go in.
This view is "the view"of Tampere for many Finns.Old redbrick industrys and the river.I like it also.And I think it looks the best at dark nights.
There´s even a song about this bridge,kind of lovestory how a man saw his wife to be at the bridge at very first time.
Very small pub with many different interesting beers and cheap (for a Finnish place) Guinness. They have small area for... more travel advice
Sadly it is closed now :( New pub is soon open at same address, but I will tell you more when it is open. The name will... more travel advice
Turska's Related Pages
Tampere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tampere,city of shy people.."
- "Tampere - my favorite city in Finland"
- "Tampere - Industry, Students and Ryanair"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tampere
- Hotels in Tampere
- Transportation in Tampere
- Nightlife in Tampere
- Restaurants in Tampere
- Shopping in Tampere
- Warnings and Dangers in Tampere
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tampere
- 93 Reviews
- 126 Photos
- 47 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Tampere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tampere
- Posted in Travel Catalunya Forum "Re: Where to stay (for my friend)"
- Wrote a Review Good cafe, not too expensive in Tampere Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Small pub with good beer selection"
- updated a Tampere Travel Page "Tampere,city of shy people.."
- Commented on one of Durfun's Tampere travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere Intro, 93 reviews, 126 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 121 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 35 reviews, 107 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos
- Turku Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos