"We came for the history" Malta by Turska
Malta Travel Guide: 5,630 reviews and 13,495 photos
I had allways wanted to see the temples of Malta, and finally I did. And I liked them like I thought. Those were the main reason for us to visit Malta. If we would have rented a car,we might have seen even a little bit more, but with a bus we also saw allmost everything we wanted to. We didn´t enjoy those old buses-even if they look lovely (some of them), but they are cheap!
The catacombs were also interesting. I was afraid I would feel claustrophobic, but I didn´t. You could mostly stand straight, sometimes bend a little. (I´m 165cm tall). It wouldn´t be nice to get lost in those anyway..
We made a daytrip allmost everyday. Mdina was one of destinations. It really was a quiet city! Maybe not as quiet at "the season". It was even smaller than I thought, but nice anyway. Easy to see in one day, even if you visit Victoria also.
I have dozens of photos of balconies! Those were lovely. Nice to see those were also at new houses!
- Pros:History, people, cheap prices!
- Cons:Football in every restaurant! Boooring.. Sorry locals!
I don´t know why, but we saw lots of funny registration plates at Malta. Maybe they are cheap, or maybe it´s easier to... more travel advice
This is where the Fat lady and Maltan Venus were found. How much easier it has been to be pretty back then, I was born... more travel advice
Turska's Related Pages
Malta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Second Home"
- "Maltese Memories"
- "Malta - my home"
- "REPUBLIC OF MALTA"
- "Maltese- Deep Down"
- "VT Meetings are for Little Islands Too!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malta
- Hotels in Malta
- Transportation in Malta
- Nightlife in Malta
- Restaurants in Malta
- Shopping in Malta
- Warnings and Dangers in Malta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malta
- 45 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 123 Forum posts
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (28)
Have you been to Malta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malta
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere Intro, 96 reviews, 129 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 121 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 35 reviews, 107 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 89 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos
- Berlin Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos
- Turku Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos