"Wonderful Doric temples" Paestum by Turska
Paestum Travel Guide: 92 reviews and 206 photos
The town itself is really small, and seemed to be quite dead outside the temple area at "winter" (we were at march). Both I´m happy we came. I will tell more about the visit at things to do.
I guess the photos of the place are pretty much the same for each visitor ;)
The area was smaller than we thought. Even if we (well.. I did) take lots of photos and didn´t hurry at all, we had seen everything in abou 1,5hours. There was a museum also, but we skipped it. It seemed not to have anything so special in it, that we wouldn´t have seen in several arceological museums allready. The temples was the main thing here.
This is how the town itself looked like at march 2012, tuesday afternoon. We tried to find anything open, but everything was cloesd. Maybe there is some other area also, where the locals do the shopping and so on. It seemed like the hotels were all at same direction, not next to temples.
We even had those frozen things (my dictionary doesn´t find English name for it) to put at small icebox and keep it cold, because we wanted to buy original Paestum buffala mozzarella. We saw a shop for them, but it was closed. One souvenir shop also had a sign "We sell original Paestum buffalo mozzarella", but when we asked where it was, the shop keeper said "only in summer". So we needed to go back empty hand.
- Pros:Very interesting place.
- Cons:If you come at winter season, place is quite "dead".
Like allmost everyone, we also came here because of the temples. When we arrived to the trainstaion, everything was... more travel advice
Turska's Related Pages
Paestum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paestum's Temples"
- "Paestum - Best Archaeological Site in Campania"
- "The temples of Paestum"
- "Paestum - Magna Graecia"
- "Paestum - a hidden gem"
- "Greek Monuments in Italy/Paestum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paestum
- Hotels in Paestum
- Transportation in Paestum
- Nightlife in Paestum
- Restaurants in Paestum
- Warnings and Dangers in Paestum
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Paestum
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 8 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Paestum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paestum
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tampere Intro, 92 reviews, 126 photos
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 121 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 52 reviews, 94 photos
- Rome Intro, 50 reviews, 93 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 35 reviews, 107 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 26 reviews, 63 photos
- Turku Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos
- Porto Intro, 20 reviews, 33 photos
- Girona Intro, 10 reviews, 41 photos
- Budapest Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos
Latest Paestum hotel reviews
- Hotel Villa Rita
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 12, 2013